Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Hello

16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Rick and Mike. Nice to meet you all. To JohnnyO: I was wondering which SSRI you were on and what effects it caused... I went through Lexapro withdrawal which led me to be diagnosed with sinusitis, which I am suffering from now.
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting way to look at it! Thanks for sharing! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again In a recent discussion with a close friend whose daughter has OCD I was asked about my anxiety and how it has affected me. My answer actually suprised me! I told her that aside from the immediated lousy feelings of stomach running and fear during episodes my anxiety has somewhat been a blessing. I feel more in tune with myself and others, I think my level of empathy for others has increased. Furthermore, I seem to have much more confidence and really do not shy away from letting people know some of my struggles. That is, I no longer cover up the titles of my books on anxiety while sitting in Starbucks...It is fascinating how many people will approach you and the great discussions with complete strangers who share commonalities. I call this public therapy! I some strange way the past year or so has been somewhat of a blessing. Thanks! Mike
16 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Rick and Mike, Not to be negative, but I sometimes view my approach to anxiety as a management more than a cure. Expecting it will simply disappear with no recurrence is certainly a noble hope. I prefer to stay prepared for flare-ups, ready to apply various techniques to deal with physical symptoms or mental undermining. I read the article about SSRI's. It is important to work with a medical professional in assessing how you are or aren't affected by various medications. My doctor has moved me off SSRI's but onto a different combination. I made the mistake of stopping an SSRI abruptly and it really damaged my recovery.
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Rick and Mike! Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing with us! -Diva
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Mike, welcome to the group! You're right, it can take some time to find what works best for each individual. We're here to help so continue working through the program, ask questions and post often! Keep persevering! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello My name is Mike and this is my first time posting. I've been actively working with CBT over the past year or so. It does seem to work however once things level out I seem to slide away from the program. Today's globe and mail had an article on antidepressants et.al. and because I am currently taking these types of meds the article terrified me. Perhaps that is the anxiety, afraid of the worst case scenario. I am starting to wean off the meds under my DR.'s supervision because frankly I question their effectiveness. Someone posted here that we must keep on discovering what works for people like us...perhaps the journey is the cure!
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rick, Welcome! The program can assist you in progressing and the members do provide support and knowledge and know where you are coming from. We look forward to helping in any way we can :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, My name is Rick, and I just joined here. I really hope this CBT works. I have had SA, GA for more than 20 years. Now in my 30s. I was always shy as a boy, but I guess I really got hit hard with SA at around 13-14. And I really would like to finally get rid of it once and for all. Hopefully I can do that. :-)

Reading this thread: