Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Hi There

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello :) I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and to thank you for sharing your story with us :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your welcome Josie... I am quite willing to focus on doing, as well as it's existential shadow, being, and look forward to taking what works for me and applying it to my life. I am unsure that I can complete everything in a 12 week time period but once I know more about if it is a good fit for me, then I will be better able to prepare and estimate my abilities at that time. For now support and interaction regarding my struggles are plenty... thank you.
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nexus, Welcome to our support community! There are different types of therapy out there. Some therapies involve talking about the past in an attempt to understand the problem and develop some strategies for coping, etc. The Panic Program is not talk therapy. It's not about medications either. It's a treatment program that's all about getting you "actively involved" in your own improvement. It teaches you things you may not understand about panic and agoraphobia, your own panic, your own panic cycle, and as you learn and "get involved", you begin the journey and the process of taking back control from a fear that at the moment is controlling you. Doesn't that idea of getting back control sound wonderful? So it's not about talking. It's about doing. And in doing, it's about recovery. But maybe this idea of "doing" scares you and you avoid it for that reason. I've had emails from people who say this too. Well it's not about someone telling you to 'smarten up' or 'just get with it' at all. It's a guide, a silent teacher, and a whole program. It's like going to a school that offers a course in your very own fears and how to beat your very own fears down. It works this way: The Program guides you through the process of getting back this control. It prepares you for this, one single step at a time, and gives you some homework to bring you along from session 1 to session 2, and onward, in a series of 12 sessions over a period of twelve weeks. Many people want help for their panic and can't afford therapy. The Panic Program is offered free of charge to you. Don't pass up this opportunity. Hope this helps, Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am 45 yrs old and find the need to seek support, and so I hope for a time this space may provide me with some refuge. I have done lots of talk therapy that has been very helpful at different times but am not in therapy at the moment. I am thinking about participating in the program but am not sure if it is for me. I have experienced trauma a number of times over the course of my life to date. Thankfully none of these has been recent, and so I find I am able to function at a certain minimum level in my daily life. I feel it is fair to say that I suffer from some elements of a social phobia, though I think this is mild. I experience worries and avoidance more predominantly than anxiety or panic. My experiences of trauma relate in part to childhood sexual abuse, and my ongoing experience of intrusive images and physiological sensations related with sexual experience. I have also experienced quite a few life threatening events in my life starting with a plane crash at an age of 5. This preceded a car crash, another plane crash, a bike accident that put me in a coma for 3 days, and another car crash all by the age of 15. I went on to serve a military tour of duty in which I chose the occupation of loading bombs on airplanes. This lead to several high stress situations that I still recall to this day quite intensely. It also involved other traumatic events such as a car crash in which I rolled a car, had a mountain climbing incident that almost took my life, and a moderately dangerous cave exploring incident, not to mention my relatively scary practice of European downhill skiing on slopes well above my ability level. While I have learned how to ski from this, and had some truely thrilling moments, for which I now certainly question the motivation that put me in such dangerous situations. I look forward to participating here and hopefully finding the support I am looking for.

Reading this thread: