Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Marriage update

5 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats!

A week is great. You sound very positive about this lifestyle change. Keep checking in to make yourself accountable and continue to have your guard up. Moderation is very difficult to maintain. If you notice yourself slipping it might be a cue to abstain for a period. 

I hope you are having a great summer. Looking forward to hearing updates from you :) 
Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice work MurphMom!  It sounds like things are moving in a positive direction for you.  You said, "it's only been a week..."  A week is a week, don't discredit your accomplishment! :)  Think about a month ago, would you have thought you would have done this past week? I hope things continue to improve for you.

Lynn
5 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm happy to report that one week after finding out how bad off my marriage really was, we are seeing definite progress.  Not only have my husband and I talked quite a bit, but I've cut red wine (my bugaboo) out of my life at least until I seem to have a better handle on moderation, had a couple of drinks WITH my husband (and haven't lapped him like I've done in the past), and have been really trying to be present.  It's only a week, but I think we really stand a chance!  

Reading this thread: