Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,476 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Almost 1000 days sober

4 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh yeah absolutely. In the hospital bed Bill W had that revolutionary thought (yeah for an alcoholic who is so selfish, self-centered, it is something out of the norm), that if he could take this to other suffering alcoholics, how purposeful his life would be. That thought brought us here. I dont even have to meet you, but I know the suffering you gone through, but best of all, I know, what you are doing to stay strong. Good luck.
4 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your kind words. Ashley, I have not rewarded myself since my new life in sobriety is a big enough gift. Good to see you on here, Fox. Still doing your service work helping people like me by being a great example of what a strong program can do. 
4 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Flipflopmom!  Your journey has no doubt been a lot of work, but you are now seeing the benefits.  I think it's great that you are giving back and serving as a sponsor for someone.  I wish you continued strength.  

Lynn
4 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for sharing Flipflopmom!

You are an inspiration.

How did you reward yourself for 1000 days sober?

Ashley, Health Educator
4 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello good to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words. Like Eckhart Tolle in his books says "I address the knower in you" in his book Power of Now. We try to share the experience and not everybody has the same experience and hope to touch that in others. Thats what Bill did to Dr. Bob. And am so glad you are in turn working with other women.
4 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello! 

It's been quite a while since I've been on here, but I'm happy to report that by the grace of God, AA and the 12 steps, I am almost 1000 days sober.

I really fought going to AA, but eventually knew that without help, alcohol was just too much for me. 

I remain active in AA, have women that I sponsor, and am grateful for Foxman, who was always so gently encouraging without being judgemental or pushy.

My journey to freedom from addiction started here, and I will always be grateful for the support and guidance I received in my years of struggle. My family is so different and wonderful now. There is freedom from addiction. I am not a special case. Anyone can recover. God bless you all! 

Reading this thread: