Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

AV uses both good and bad to test you

4 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing!

Congratulations on getting through those temptations. You deserve that reward. Enjoy!

Ashley, Health Educator
4 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on the mustang High Tower and not giving in to AV!!! Also congrats on being on your way to reaching your goal!
4 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No doubt you will enjoy that car High Tower.  Overpowering that AV is tough and it's never ending isn't it.  

You're so right about not being happier after a bottle of whatever hors controle.  It's one of the things that keeps me from not reaching for a bottle when the AV gets loud. :)  
4 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you High Tower to get that Mustang BUT mostly to resist the urge and remind yourself that you are so close to your goal.

Anyway, we are not happier after we have that bottle :-)

M
4 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I bought a car today, A 2007 Mustang with 75,000 Km (about 46,000 Miles), Extremely low mileage and in very good condition, was kept covered in winter and driven mostly on highway. This was purchased through a family member so I know the history 100%. I love Mustangs and bought a new one back in 2005 when they went retro, it was a convertable. Perfect for Arizona.

Anyways My first thought was to buy some vodka to celebrate. A week ago I had a really crappy day and AV was telling me to drown my sorrows and forget things for a while. The Alcohol Voice is really tricky and you can't let your guard down at all. Anyways after a few minutes of temptations I reminded myself of my 1 month commitment and that is close to a week away now. It was so tempting to want to celebrate but I held strong.

One day at a time, one hour at a time, resist the urge and it will go away. At least for me this time, thank God.

Keep strong
High Tower

Reading this thread: