Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

New here. Day 4! So tempting to drink!

4 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mel,

Happy to read you are back on track! I was one week away from my 2 months sobriety and I started again. Half of what I was drinking before I stopped but still way too much. I am planning November 15th to stop again, too many things going on right now.

Keep up the good work!!
4 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went off track and now I’m back on day 10 alcohol free again. I had to start over.
The thought of NEVER drinking again is what really gets me. I’d love to be a moderate drinker but I know once I start I just can’t stop and end up on a full on binge then hungover then a day off then repeat. 
How are you getting on?

LOL,

They are on the counter and they are a reminder. Like you read, I am too embarrassed to find out who they belongs to. They are accumulating dust but they will stay there. It is an excellent incentive.

I rarely had blackout but I realized I had them if I had not been drinking enough water during the morning before starting to drink or did not eat .

You seems very motivated High Tower. Good for you!
4 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mel

After reading this thread I hope you are staying strong. One day at a time and focus on the successes and learn from the setbacks.

Hi hors controle

The bowl and plate story brought a smile to my face. There is a bit of humour in it from this end. I was wondering if you should put those dishes on the counter or somewhere you would see them every day. They could be used as a reminder of one of the reasons to not drink. It might even make a good conversation piece for those who you would be willing to the story of your journey. It didn't happen very often but the few times I drank so much I could not recall what I did, said or eat really bothered me. I was really good at not drinking so fast as to get to that point. Start early and maintain that buzz  was my MO.

High Tower
Hi Mel,

How are doing?

M
LOL. That would be too easy.

How are you doing? How was the weekend?

M
Maybe your cat brought them in! Not you ??
Hope your keeping well.
Your doing brill!
Hi Mel,

I have not drink. And good for you to flip back right away. The funniest thing about the bowl and plate was that I found them just inside the kitchen, by the door. I have one of those flexible screen door so my cats can go in and out as they wish day and night. So what a surprise to see those dishes on the carpet when I woke up. LOL And no, nobody claimed them and it has been a few months now
Oh I see what you mean about the neighbours! It’s awful when you’ve spoken to them and you can’t remember a word!
It is a little bit funny about the bowl and the plate though ?? did anyone claim it in the end?

I haven’t drank since Tuesday. How about you? 
How was your day Mel? Better than Tuesday?

M

Reading this thread: