Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

AHC Mission Statement

9 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to Alcohol Help Center 2.0 Are you concerned about problem drinking? Do you think you might need to cut down or are you thinking about quitting?
9 years ago 0 315 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That seems right for the AHC seeing as some on here are choosing just to cut down the amount they drink. 
Right now there are 355 viewing this site and only 4 logged in. Seems like there are a lot of "window shoppers". I enjoy this site, mostly its format. Sharing our support is so key to recover. 
9 years ago 0 421 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Swig,
That's good. I like it. :-)
How about :
AHC; A group of people who share a common problem (alcohol), supporting and helping each other achieve individual goals.

Swig
9 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,
   Thank you and the whole team at AHC, this is from the bottom of my heart. This site has been a integral part of my recovery and been a member since 2008 and you all have been supportive of all kind of people coming on board. When I do step over my limit, you all have set me straight which I really appreciate.  So many people have have joined and very few follow through and I see a great similarity to fellowship of AA. That is the baffling nature of alcoholism/addiction. I do like the idea of creating a mission statement for AHC. Perhaps we could have members suggest ideas and then kind of come up with a generic form out of that. Kind of like we do in AA in our group conscience to consider new business.

9 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Swig Nomore,

A Mission Statement is important for any company. As the AHC is used by many different organizations we cannot create a blanket mission statement but we certainly can have goals and objectives in this forum. What do you think is important for new members to know about the AHC forum and program?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 345 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Swig, have anything in mind? Perhaps people would be interested in sharing their proposals. Who knows, the moderators just might embrace the most suitable one and implement. Wouldn't that be a nice reward.
I think a "mission statement" describing what the AHC is, the reason for its existence, and it's intent would be most beneficial to people who find themselves at this web site for the first time. 

Regards,
Swig 

Reading this thread: