Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Sixty Days and counting.

10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear VIV,

Congratulations on two months quit!  By the time you return from London you will be well on the way to 3 months.  Many people who quit reckon that 3 months was a turning point for them.

I, too, had cigarettes available to me, but chose not to use them,  It's a great feeling of power to say "I've stopped!"  Be absolutely determined to continue the way you are one day at a time.....don't just hope!

You are doing so well, and you deserve your trip...What a great reward!  Have a wonderful time!

Love Lolly.  
10 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jim , Just to et you know, I am flying to London next week for a few days to do some sight-seeing with my daughter and twin grandsons (8 yrs). It will be a reall treat to join them on their first trip to London. Its quite costly to do this, but justified now that I have saved 503 euros so far on not smoking! That goes some way to cover this trip. If I keep this up it will make a lot more trips possible. It's good to be reminded of this aspect. Cheers! Nonic, you explain it so well. I have loads of opportunities presenting themselves that previously allowed me to give up giving up. This time I am clear about one thing, I have not given up, ...........I HAVE STOPPED! I have some cigs left from my last packet and I am choosing not to use them. I feel this is giving me the strength to kick this once and for all. I don't spend time imagining what it would be like if only I had a cig. I have them but no longer use them. I hope I can continue in this way, one day at a time. It so good to see it mounting up. Halfway through week eleven already. Have a great day everyone. It's no smoking for me today, and I do believe I am thinking about it much less . N.O.P.E Viv
  • Quit Meter

$28,179.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 511 Hours: 3

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ViV:

Keep going forward.  This battle is indeed won from the inside out and I know it can be done.  We have to teach ourselves how NOT to smoke.  That was what I never understood before.  But once we begin to see it, we practice it with patience and compassion for ourselves.  And in time, we no longer must practice, because the notion of quitting becomes a way of life.  It might be compared to the feeling a child may experience when learning to ride a bike.  There comes a moment in time when he looks back and realizes that his Father is no longer holding him up and he is now free to ride where ever he pleases, without the fear of falling... 

stay well

nonic
  • Quit Meter

$66,181.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1296 Hours: 3

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey VIV!!!

Congrats on achieving your two month milestone!  You did reward yourself for your great achievement, didn't you???    I know that this has been a real roller coaster for you, but you ARE doing this!  Keep building on the positives along with maintaining that Positive Mental Attitude!  You really are doing great so far!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,002.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1053 Hours: 5

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nonic I really like you comment about us being both the jailer and the prisoner. I think that role gives us a degree of control that helps boost our confidence and spurs us on to better things. I am on day seventy today and I know that it is me the holds the key to my success. Thanks for your thoughts ! Viv
  • Quit Meter

$28,179.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 511 Hours: 3

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ViV

Well done...I very happy for you...Nothing like success to spur you on to even more of the same.  I found that drinking water helped alot.  If you are able try to always have a bottle of it near you.  And never forget that in this battle we are both the jailer and the prisoner.  We find our freedom by having the courage to request the key from ourselves...

stay well

nonic
  • Quit Meter

$66,181.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1296 Hours: 3

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go for it! Here's to one day at a time and the way they add up. Brent
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CongratulationsViv!  on your sixty days of freedom..
Enjoying your gardening and being able to breathe deeply sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate this major milestone..

Each day of freedom from nicotine is a day to rejoice!
Red..
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on 2 whole months, VIV! You just got through with the hardest 2 months of your quit! 
  • Quit Meter

$22,361.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 597 Hours: 19

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YAY VIV!  You go and tell the World!  60 days is amazing and you deserve a huge cheer for getting to this point - it just gets better from here on in.  Those walks in the park are so much sweeter when you can breathe in the beauty without a monkey on your back!  Enjoy! and relish your new found freedom!  You have earned it : ) 

Reading this thread: