Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Monster, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well today went much better.  Still tired a lot, but I know that is part of the quit.  Also the weight!!!!  I know I don't have to worry about it that much, but man.................  Do you think it could be all the cookies I am eating  When the thoughts come, I tell myself I am a winner and winners don't smoke .  Have a great week-end everyone!!

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 110
Amount Saved: $19.25
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 16 Mins: 2 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, that ciggie was probably in a bit of dog poop you don't want that anyway - euuuuwwwwwwwwww!! You only want good  things in your body, healing nutritous things right?

Good for you for passing it by - keep protecting that quit

Sue

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/3/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 589
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,890
Amount Saved: $1,178.00
Life Gained:
Days: 57 Hrs: 9 Mins: 27 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang on Sparky!!!!!  I think your honesty is wonderful.  Post and vent...post and vent...then slam that monster a good one right in the kisser!!!!!
We're here for you.  Congrats on day 10...you're making great progress.

(((((hugs)))))

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 319
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,975
Amount Saved: $2,631.75
Life Gained:
Days: 36 Hrs: 7 Mins: 47 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky,

You honesty will get you far!  10 days is great and you are slowly doing this.  We are with you all way!  Keep posting and venting, we are always here!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good girl, Sparky!
Sometimes I think that Monster knows exactly the right moment to tempt us. 
You reminded me of a wobbly day I was having early on. I was in a sloped parking lot and a whole lit cigarette
came rolling right to me. I kid you not!  I hopped in my car really fast and sped away, breathing a sigh of relief.

I think that we make ourselves stronger each time we choose to say no.  You just gave yourself a bump up on the "I am strong" scale... good for you.  You can make it a really good quit when you choose to say no.

Best, 
HP
ps. that cat is too darn cute! 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 254
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,096
Amount Saved: $1,463.04
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 2 Mins: 7 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I am into day 10.  I promised myself that I would be honest with my feeling and not push them aside.  I am doing okay for the most part, but.........................   I was out today and saw a cigarette laying on the ground and thought "Dam, if I were not with hubby I would have picked it up."  This is the beginning of the thought process and I want it to go away.  So I came here read and reread some of my old post.  Don't you just hate it when you have to eat your own words. .  Anyway I will not smoke tonight and will make a new recommitment tomorrow.  These are dangerous days for me and I am so aware of what is ahead. 
Can we have beat up the monster party.  I have a couple bats.  They use to have a Thursday night bonfire and people would come throw their trouble into it.  So I will throw in my stinking thinking and false pride.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 100
Amount Saved: $17.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 12 Mins: 32 Seconds: 15

Reading this thread: