Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

I'm so MAD I could smoke!

16 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Unhooked:) You bet! (The advance training might be good for me:) mk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anytime, mamakitty. May I post you when my 16 year old calls me the worst word she knows? hint; it aint "pirate". Love that you came through this & you will come through much more. It isn't always pretty but living your life yourself is way more rewarding than living it through the junkie! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey mamakitty Sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time at the moment...Feeling misunderstood is never easy or pleasant, but it sounds as if a bit of sleep has helped you sort through things a bit...a pack of cigarettes would never have helped you do that... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 189 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,670 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,323.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Thank you boxerfan, Unhooked, alohakeia, Tom, Sam, Casey, Nilbey and Lainey for your thoughtful words and encouragement. I feel rested, and so much better. Babykitty does too:) You're right about stepping back for a better perspective and getting rest, Tom. We had a great walk and talk. I think my greatest fear has been feeling too deeply and falling apart without that crutch. Well it was painful alohakeia, but I did just learn that I can deal with something tough without a cig! I want to remember that... The first time babykitty was seriously mad at me she was about 3 and called me the worst word she knew. She yelled, "you... PIRATE!!" She's still sweet as pie 99 percent of the time but when I become really uncool and imperfect, may I post you again Unhooked and Nilbey?:) I'm so glad I can choose not to smoke each moment/day. I never thought I could get out of that snare for real. I may not have control over my first thought, but I do over my second thought... I don't want to hurt myself anymore. I want to be here for babykitty, and live a long, healthy, good life with my family. Thanks for being the great people that you are. Love, mk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, mamakitty!! So glad you came through without giving in, & so proud of you!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to come thru Mamakitty! Sometimes it is really tough to be a parent! Sometimes its really tough to be a kid! And sometimes it just tough all around! Glad you hung on! Good ole emotions can get the best of us, if we let them....but you didn't let them. I think that is a big part of quitting, learning how to exert that control! Good for you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,255.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you made it through mamakitty :-) As a mostly grown daughter, if you want to be a great, loving mom, you probably are. That doesn't mean that everything's perfect :) Anyway. You COULD make it without everyone here...but it sure is easier with them!! I CERTAINLY know that feeling. Hope you have a better day today! *hugs* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $186.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
You guys are making me cry again. My head hurts from that stupid cheap white wine that we cook with. It was all I could find. I'm glad I didn't smoke last night. It's the one good thing I can take pride in this morning. I need to build on that, and I don't think I could do it without you. It's scary to feel vulnerable, and I know more change is ahead. I want to be a great, loving mom. I want to be respectful, and respected... more confident... and I have a long way to go. Thanks for the hugs and great wisdom... I want to write more now but I think I have an opportunity to walk and talk with babykitty. mk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 241 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Mamakitty... Just wanted to give you a ((((((((((HUG))))))))))) ! ! Please check in when you have a moment and let us know how you are doing this morning :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mamakitty, I do hope you're feeling better this morning and the sun is shining for you. I too have a ten year old and understand the trial they can be. For me, it's never him alone that becomes too much. Something else has already knock me down a notch or two before I ever feel that way about him. I take a step back when I feel that way and look at what's happenning that's making me feel this way about my child. That thing at work or that disagreement I had with my brother is bothering me more than I thought it was. Or, I'm really tired and my child is tired too and we both need to get rest and recharge our batteries. I do hope you're feeling better this morning. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $457.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: