Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Very Trivial and Yet Uncertain? It was important to me.

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hear you saying you are eager to move on, yet see an importance in perging yourself of the temptation you conquered . We will serve as witness to the dangers of our hearts. In the deepest, darkest nights, in the face of adversity - it is natural to cling to comfort. Yours is a courageous soul in maintaining the wherewithall to turn out the masquerade. It is fearful to experience our fragility. You walk away the victor today. Yours is a resolve to which I can only now aspire. So congratulations and yet, I'm sorry for the close call. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
phillip sorry to hear about your crisis, glad you managed to come through it keep kickin ash, i think you should celebrate getting through thid lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �324 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$113,442.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6486 Hours: 10

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil I haven't been here with you through the dark times so I am sorry that I don't know all of what you are going through. I know that your words have inspired me and supported me along the way and I wish that I had the words to help you now. I believe that as I was struggling with this empty feeling, I read a post which I believe you wrote about just letting it "be"....that life will change, times will change and just to accept it. Somehow, that post brought me the peace that I was looking for. There is no easy way to get through difficult times and it sounds like the challenges that you face are not new ones. You will be in my thoughts and prayers...Hoping that you are given the strength to overcome this challenge one day at a time. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $610 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, You are in my prayers right now. You are right, one hour, one day at a time. Lord knows I have struggled, big time. Please know that you are NEVER alone. You have been a wonderful friend to me, supporting me through my several attempted quits. And you deserve to have all the support you need when you need it most. Please hang in there, my friend. God bless you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Phillip, I'm really sorry to hear about your family crisis. I truly hope everything is ok. When you least expect it, Old Nic rears his ugly head. Sometimes its a crisis, or something to throw you way off balance. My husband will be quit 2 years on Jan.15th, and one day before Christmas he had a particularly stressful day at work. He had to fight a craving. Wasn't expecting it. But, BOOM, there it was. We know you have a good handle on your quit Phillip, and kudos to you for riding this out. You are wonderful source of inspiration, and hope all goes well for you. Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Phillip, Just checking in to see how you're doing? I replied to my other thread, but in case you didn't see it, I hope your day is better! Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdaleman, I hope you're ok. I hope you're celebrating big time for making it through, you deserve it! I know that you know smoking is not the answer although sometimes it sure feels like that would make things easier. The guilt that would come after would be very difficult to deal with though i'm afraid. Hope you've enjoyed your swim. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $595.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mate Sorry I wanst around yesterday to help you. Sounds like you are OK now. If not find me! My very best wishes to you and yours. Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 157 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,299 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �824.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip By coincidence life is throwing me a few lemons today. Please think like m smoking wont help it will only make things worse!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 157 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �824.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I reckon that January has a lot to answer for.... blame it on the month and the time of year. As soon as we get out of January things will start to look up....February is so short, it's almost over before it begins and then we're into Spring and then things will go WOO HOO and BRILLIANT and even AWESOME (although being British I found that a little hard to take at first!!!) But the thing is that things pass and that includes bad things, change is always around the corner and there's nothing to say that the change won't be a good one! Sending good wishes to you always, Lilly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 249 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,483 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$294,950.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5378 Hours: 3

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: