Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Arrgghh, I smoked .

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree, get rid of them, we're human, and recomit yourself. Gosh, we've all done it I'm sure. I'm on my 5th Quit in my life. I'm hoping it's my last. What happened? My biggest worry is anger. When I get angry I want a cigarette. Please check back in. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dont beat yourself up about slipping but do learn from the experience.In 40yrs of smoking i probably tried to seriously quit 5 or 6 times and best success was 1 year but every time i slipped i learned something to add to the power of logic for the next attempt. I smoked my last cigarillo after the turkey on Christmas day,the logic i'm using may sound a bit simplistic but its taken the best part of 40yrs to come to it and its basically this=if i'm going to be done with smoking i cant ever smoke again so when the cravings start arising and they do i just tell myself that smoking is not an option and will not be tolerated so get over it.
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As imallclear asked, where is that pack? Don't use a slip as a reason to quit quitting. Remember, smoking a few cigarettes cannot erase all the ones that you haven't smoked. You have accomplished a lot. Just keep on trucking with us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lladro, Don't be too hard on yourself, and don't give up. That happened to me the first time I quit for 10 years. I was at my 2 week mark, and I was very proud of myself and then it hit me (I needed the smoke right now!) Nothing anyone could say was changing my mind. I smoked "one" cigarette, the whole thing. Wow, did it satisfy and did I get light headed. Keep in mind that I was determined to quit and I told myself when I decided to light up, there would be no more. And I did it. I realized as I smoked it how addicted I had become and now...after not smoking...all of the things the group said would happen...were true...the toxins were leaving my body and the addiction was leaving. I was happy for the experience that proved in my mind...I was going to make it...I had become a non-smoker, and I never lit another one for all those years. Do you want to be a "non-smoker"? :quest: Yes? give that pack of butts away, or throw them away and get on with the quit. Is this the first time you have attempted to quit? YOU are sooo close to kicking the crave period. Don't leave us now...come on you can do it. My cravings stopped at one month (the kind you are experiencing now). Each day got easier, and then a month passed, and then 3-months and the first thing you know...I had been a non-smoker for a year. The next time this incredible urge hits..think about it...what is the actual emotion you are feeling? Anger...let lose your primal scream, Hunger...eat something, Thirst...drink some water or juice, anxiety...get up and go somewhere else, mabye outside and breath some fresh air and say out loud..."I am a non-smoker and I refuse to let this little cancer stick rule my life"!Run for heavens sake or walk get some exercise immediately...it will release endorphins that will make you feel better "now". auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After 21 days of not smoking, I bought a pack last night, and I feel really disappointed in myself. lladro
  • Quit Meter

$249,700.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7442 Hours: 15

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you everyone, for your support and advice; I smoked Sat. and yesterday, and threw the rest away last night, so this is day one again for me. Does anybody know how to get my quit date changed? lladro
  • Quit Meter

$249,700.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7442 Hours: 15

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back lladro, Don't let the slip keep you from fighting this addiction. You my dear, are addicted to nicoteen...it controls you....it taunts you...it keeps you up at night. It whisper's sweet nothings in your ears, it is the voice in your head making you so weak you go out and purchase a pack..smoke them so that you are once again addicted. lladro....fight the addiction with everything you have. Take it one day....one hour if need be. Although it does get easier, the addiction lerks in the corner's and hides in the shadow's waiting until your not expecting it...then it leaps out, and hit's you with everything it has to get you to cave in to his wishes. You have to be prepared for this. It could happen in 7 days...10 days...25 days....even 100 days. Please learn from this slip, prepare for future "voices of the addiction", and what will you do. Sometimes is just pure willpower to beat this addiction, but you are stronger and you can do this!! You have all of us cheering you on!!! Welcome back!!! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $341 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Where's the rest of the pack now? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sooo glad to see you again. Yes, regretably, I have personal experience also in changing the meter. When you first log into the site, to the upper right, there is a blue line that has something like change personsonal something. did i say sooooo glad to see you? i meant it. Come on buddy, lets go. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I just went through my major slip... 66 days in and then I fell. All I can say is learn from your slip. Ask yourself why it happened and you've got to dig very dip to find out why. There are underlying reasons for it. Also, if you wish to do so, go to the relapse and slipping section and read all about my slip and how I got back to quitting within several hours of the slip. I have a few threads there. I wish you all the best and so hope that you dust yourself off and get back here smoke free. ALSO, don't make the mistake I made again.. REACH OUT HERE!!! Post that you are in distress or call a close friend who knows that you've quit to get one on one support! ((((((((((hugs))))))))) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: