Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Pickinbg Up a Few More Pieces. Part 6. On The Run!

17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RD, Wonderful news, keep strong. I am having alot of first times as a non-smoker too. I think we're all starting to have them, and this is great so we can share what it is like to have these experiences. Look forward to hearing more of your continued success! Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HMMMMMMMM Taking a look at my quit and what is up today. Been very busy at work. Went to the addictions counsellor today. Looked real seriously at what I want from my life. I know this: 1, I don't want to smoke. I want to breath and have mobility and good health, I have not smoked N.O.P.E.. 2, I don't want to gain weight, infact I want to loose weight, I have been very conscious of what I eat, when I eat, and making better food choices than I have ever made in my life, and I have actually lost weight and waist, hip and ass girth. 3, I want to have a fitter and trimmer body, I swim often, 4 to 5 times per week and I am fitter than I have ever been and I will continue to get fitter as I continue to swim and walk and work my body. These are some pretty serious life and lifestyle changes. Yes this site is all about smoking and I know for my sanity and for my sense of self I need to validate and honour and reward myself for doing all that I have done in the past 140 days. That meter will roll around tomorrow and I am very happy and proud of what care I am taking of my life. For the first time ever I actually feel like I am in the drivers seat and I am making the choices. Good stuff. Yes, why do I feel all alone and very isolated in this? Cheers Phillip :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 139 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,797 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1042.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
So that meter just rolled over on 140. !!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS! Another 42 days and I will be at half a year. I am surprised with myself. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1050 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Thank You Lady Yes this is an amazing and more often than not a truely wonderful journey. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1050 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
WoW Way busy, just checking in. Not smoking and glad of that. Still have thoughts of smoking and desires. Go to a quit smoking group and read here a lot. Constantly looking for inspiration and new ways to validate and reward my quit. Congratulations to you all for staying strong and staying quit. Doing a lot of first times lately as a person who does not smoke. Cheers Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 139 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1042.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phillip. I have often felt alone in this as well. Just know that you aren't. When we first quit, those around us support us and ask us how it's going and how we feel. As time goes on, they think we are over it, our lives are normal and it is all finished. They couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm surrounded by people almost all the time yet I have felt more alone since I quit than I ever have in my life. Personally, I think it is more of dealing with emotions. Keep feeling good. Keep rewarding yourself. Keep fighting. Keep developing the new you. You have come so far. This is an amazing journey isn't it? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 370 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,417 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1295 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 344 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry RDM, bit late here spotting this thread. 140 days is awesome and in just over a week it will be a big fat 4 months! Congratulations to you, Zyban Linda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,263 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �282.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$530,910.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5378 Hours: 3

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
River, This is great and we are glad that you are doing well! Keep us updated and let us know if we can help. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: