Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Picking Up a few more Pieces, Part 5. Job well done!

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Philip, Seems that recently you're going through a lot of trials and tests which are starting those memory triggers. Look at it this way, each time you get through this is adding strength to your quit. Next time this happens, say Event number 6, remember how you got through Events number 1-5. Sometimes I read your posts and think, 'Philip's not going to make this...' When I think it through more carefully I believe that you are very open and expressive when you feel like this. It's your way of 'letting off steam' and is good therapy in itself. Long may it continue... 134 days and 6 months in August Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1035 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You rock! We are doing this, for real! We are not smokers any longer!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 933 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Philip you are doing so well congratulations!!! And since you are already a flavor on the ice cream shoppe's menu, thought we'd make something extra special for you seeing how cherries are in season ...so I hope you enjoy!! [IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/Eve144/RDSSCC.gif[/IMG] Keep going your stats are fantastic :) Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So everything is going along tickety boom. I have got through the most stressful part. The move out, out of the offices I have maintained for the last 7 years ... . Everything in the new space and I take everyone for lunch and what happens ? I am craving, desiring like crazy. This was a place for a reward, a break, a nice time and its like being punched in the gut. I have moved very little in the past, because I hate the thought of being unable to land, no ground. My reward for a job well done would have been to sit back and smoke. I have ground now this is not the past, this is my new present! So not this time the junkie is on the curb!!!!! I moved him out!!!!! Well I have something else in store, sitting back having a nice ice cold ... lemonade and put my feet up. Time for something new. Time to stop settling for less and treat myself real nice. Just a few more pieces. Less stress and glad to be able to bring this here. Let freedom reign! Thanks Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $997.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OH AND BY THE WAY This is week 19 day 133 woooHooo, (there was almost an expletive in there), :eg: and I am just going to sit back and chill for the next fer hours, then going to a play with my neice and partner. The maybe sushi and for sure nice cream with berries and it is cherry season so cherries would be real nice! I adore that the meter keeps rolling by! Ciao Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $997.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on a quit going well. Your journey is well underway and you are finding some of the exciting new things that await you. You keep going, and enjoy the freedom. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 363 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,712 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1034.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 832 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phillip glad to see your smiling face and positive attitude. I don't know if you like to read, however, if you do I would like to recommend any of Carlos Castaneda's books. They give great insight to the world of the human spirit. Life if full of triggers and you are learning how to deal with them. Sometimes just the excitement of a new thing, place or idea can be a trigger. That is ok just so you continue your learning process in how to deal with them. Continued success and I hope you have a safe and super weekend. Duffis [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 502 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1290.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 100 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$283,775.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6810 Hours: 17

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on getting thru the hardest part of the move smoke-free! (not that there was any doubt!) You rock Phillip! Was the ice cream and berries as good as it sounds? ;) [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 471 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24,970 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3108.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$52,335.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 916 Hours: 5

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
River, Thanks for sharing the latest installment! Your outstanding contributions and success are very valued here! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: