Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

H.A.L.T.

6 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Penitent...I am still clean.
7 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Machiavelli, good bump! HALT, that's the old alky's mantra isn't it? If it works, great! Take what you need and leave the rest! Penitent d4567
  • Quit Meter

$56,408.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1117 Hours: 5

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

7 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump.
8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump! Enjoy:)
10 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a lovely read... Thank you Breather.

10 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Breather, thanks for the advice.  I know the problem originates with me, and I need to remember all that I should be grateful for.  I hope this feeling will pass in time, which I'm sure it will.

10 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
snice  Yes anger is normal in the early stages of quitting, That being said I think that anger is best directed at people that deserve it like the executives of your favourite tobacco company who added chemicals to your tobacco to keep you addicted so they could make more money. Once we throw a hissy fit on one of our family members it's hard to take it back. I really like the slogan " An Attitude of Gratitude ". I find that if I'm feeling grateful I have no room for anger at the same time. Realise that in the early stages of quitting that if there's a problem that it probably originates with you. Anyone that has stopped smoking has said and done things in anger that they wish they could take back. Excellent for you for not smoking today and having " An Attitude of Gratitude ". breather
10 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to deal with the anger?  I feel like I'm angry all the time when I'm not smoking, and have a really short fuse, and lose patience with everybody.  I also realize that my anger is solely based on quitting.  I don't want to make everybody around me miserable.  I seem to be ok when I'm at work as I have enough to keep me distracted, but once I arrive home and settle into that routine, I can feel myself getting angry and I know I'm not being fair to those around me, and am taking out my anger on my loved ones.  Everything is irritating me lately, and I don't want to feel like I'm in a "funk" all the time.     Is this normal? 
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don, Sorry to hear you are dealing with some of the same health issues that I am.
Your right I am having a rough patch as only you would know. You are very intuitive.

Thanks for the new slogan....
Think Think Think....Think it through to the end result..

Perfect....This is just what the doctor ordered this morning my friend.

NTAP 
Red...
10 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Roses  I know that you're going through a rough patch right now. We all do at times. I also have chronic high blood pressure and am diabetic. It's a condition that we have to live with and manage. They say high blood pressure is the silent killer because left unchecked it can surely kill. I can feel stressed out for no other reason that my blood pressure happens to be high. Of course medication helps a great deal. I'm thankful to live in an age where diseases like high blood pressure and diabetes are treatable. Drastic times call for drastic measures and at times I've had to use another slogan. THINK , THINK , THINK ....... Think it through to the end result. To me this is the heavyweight of all slogans. It can make or break a person. I can't even say how many times this slogan has helped me from falling back into the trap of my old ways. Insanity is doing the same things over and over while expecting different results. Unfortunately the results are always the same. Only an addict can understand addiction in my opinion. Only an addict can understand what needs to be done about it. Of course it's a struggle but we need to struggle to survive. Excellent for us for trying today. breather

Reading this thread: