Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

I Need to quit, and apperently can't do it alone.

17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I'm still dip free. I still have a few cigs now and then though. Thursday I had none, Friday I had three, and today the count is zero so far. I hope that everyone out there has a great holiday, and thanks again for all of the support.
  • Quit Meter

$155,281.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7406 Hours: 8

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Ok, One night down, many to go. I Still have a massive headache, and got a grand total of about four to five hours of sleep. Thanks for helping me get through last night. I guess that I have only quit for fifteen hours, but it sure feels like a day or six.
  • Quit Meter

$155,281.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I have only stopped about five hours ago, and I feel like I am going to go balistic! I left school early tonight because I was about to vent my opinions about the teacher's teaching methods, got mad/argued with my girlfriend, and my head is pounding. I know that it will stop, someday, but this sucks!!!
  • Quit Meter

$155,281.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi. My name is John, and I have been chewing for about 13 years. I can't believe it has been so long. I have tried to quit many times throughout the years, but just can�t seem to get it right. Now I am really trying again, and I am going out to throw my cans all away. Any strategies that you can give would be helpful. Thank you.
  • Quit Meter

$155,281.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Today was ok. Kind of odd. I did have one prime time mini cigar, the headache was killing me. Within about five minutes of the cigar, the headache left, and has not returned. That was about 8 hours ago. I have chewed about a half of a can of smokey mountain (man it tastes nasty!) The wintergreen is by far the best. Is it better to quit cold turkey, or is it smarter to mix cans of herbal/chew? It seems really strange to me that i am not craving chew at all right now. Is this normal?
  • Quit Meter

$155,281.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Just getting ready to start the day and thinking of when I would have a morning dip. It is a melancholy feeling, like losing a piece of me. I have been chewing my entire adult life. I think that the biggest problem with chewing is that there are no problems (hard to breath, coughing, stinky cloths, brown teeth, etc.) until it is too late. So, unless you are having some really bad oral issues, you are quitting on the chance that something could go wrong, and we all know that �It won�t happen to me.� I guess that to me it comes down to knowing I should quit, not that I want to quit, however; if I fail on the should quit, it will turn into �Oh man, why didn�t I quit?� Withdrawals are still on hold, I guess. I do have a bated headache that seems like it is rising though. It is mild compared to the leviathan from yesterday morning. Ouch! I have heard that it is easier to quit heroin too. That is a vice that I never fell for though, so I can�t say for sure.
  • Quit Meter

$155,281.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi all. I have been out of town, as usuall, for work. There is nothing quite as grand a driving for three hours each way to work, or when you are staying out of town for a while and your girlfriend calls to tell you that the cops came by your house because your neighbor said your yard was too mess. All of this after you went to court that day because you got ticket that you forgot about because your ex-wife took you back to court after two and a half years because she wants you o give her $5200.00. Hell of a week to quit huh!? Oh, as you might be wondering by this point, no I have not had a dip. I have had 7-8 cigs but only over the span of several days. Not perfect, but it has been a crappy week. Thanks for the support everyone, it truely helps. It kind of makes me proud to say that I am really doing it, and that I can still say that I have quit chewing.
  • Quit Meter

$155,281.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hello everyone. I am in class right now, and showed them all my progress on quiting. Today I have only had one cig. I have been really craving chew still, but I have just been using Smokey Mountain, and dill sunflower seeds. One thing that I am starting to notice is that I feel like I need to eat more, and more often. Not good. I am not ready to put on a lot of weight. I have also been wishing that I didn't have to work out of town lately. I want to start working out again, but out of town it is hard. I guess that I should just do it by running in the morning instead of having a morning dip to get me going. Yes, I think that is what I will do. Thank you all again. Each day you help me more than you know. :)
  • Quit Meter

$155,281.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi John, I hope you are keeping your quit! Check in with us! Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$44,949.96

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5156 Hours: 7

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, That time distortion thing is one of the worst symptoms of quitting, in my opinion! I could handle the cravings and constant thoughts, but quitting made my work day last so much longer... but I still only got 8 hours (or less because of the "spaced out" problem) of work done!!! BUT, time does go back to normal after a few days/weeks. Congratulations on quitting! Just let us know if you need anything! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 200 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,009 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $826 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: