Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Hello all!!!

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pollypocket,
 Over three weeks smoke free. Congratulations!  "for some reason I've been having a hard week this week to keep motivated and on the right track".  Are you trying to keep busy and distracted so you do not think about smoking? Your journey to freedom has many paths, and tests you along the way. Stay motivated, stay determined and remember your goal, freedom from that nasty deadly habit. All of the nicotine is out of your system by now, and now you are fitting the mental part. Your body does not need the nicotine now, but your brain might think it does. That's what addiction is, and now you are trying to take back the control of your life instead of that drug controlling it. Hang tough, you are doing great so far. Be sure and give yourself a reward too, you deserve it. This isn't easy but you ARE doing it and you should feel proud of yourself! 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,153.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 13

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everybody, 

I'm over three weeks smoke free and for some reason I've been having a hard week this week to keep motivated and on the right track. Very glad that I joined this forum, its great to read other peoples journeys and encouragement :) 
  • Quit Meter

$544,836.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4422 Hours: 12

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All the best, Stan, and please come and tell us how you are getting along. It's been just over three weeks for me, and it really does get easier over time.  I still get unexpected cravings and longings on occasion, but it is so much easier to resist the urge now, compared to my first week.  I feel like I've worked through the habitual smoking occasions, and also had some difficult emotional situations that I've managed to deal with now, minus the cigarettes.  So, now I keep thinking that I never want to go through that first week of quitting again, where resisting the cravings felt so much harder. 
  • Quit Meter

$1,198,639.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6006 Hours: 17

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stan,
 Welcome to the stop smoking center. "So if anybody wants to help me with some tips some friendly advise or help" The 1st thing I would suggest for you to do is to have you go through the "My Program" at the top of the page. It's a good starting point, and gives you some suggestions and tips to help you on your quit journey. The 2nd thing you should do is to start reading through these forums. There is some good information and tips that can also help you on your journey. Read, read, read!!!  "both times I had no choice to quit but when given the opportunity right back at it I went" This is the 3rd thing you need to work on. Actually it should be first, but this is something that's going to take some time to conquer. You need to change your mindset about smoking. I'll bet that you cannot give just one valid reason as to why smoking is good for you can you? There is nothing good that comes from smoking this terribly addictive, life threatening drug, nothing at all. "This time I want to quit for me for my life and everything and everyone" That's a great start to changing the 3rd thing you need to work on. You have to want to do this for YOU. The benefits for the other people in your life are just extra, along with the extra money in your pocket, but you have to want to do this for you first and foremost in my opinion. 
 Have you thought about using nicotine replacement therapy, or are going to try and do this cold turkey?  Since you haven't started your quit yet, you might want to make a list of all the triggers that make you want to smoke. Then you can try to figure out how you can make changes in your life to fight those triggers. Try and stay away from the alcohol in the beginning too. Quitting smoking is a whole new lifestyle and it can be overwhelming if you don't have a plan at the start of your quit. This all relates back to the 2nd suggestion I gave you. Learn as much as you can by reading other peoples successes and their failures. 
 I was a smoker for over 37 years, and I'm now smoke free for over 5 years. Living proof that it can be done, and you CAN do it too.  You've did it before, granted with extenuating circumstances, but you did do it. If you put your mind to it, you can do it again, and hopefully this time will be your last time forever! 
Stay strong Stan and keep us updated with your progress.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,153.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 13

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now is my time!!!! Hello all I'm Stan, nice to meet you all. Well I'm 43 and have the desire and need to quit smoking. I'm so scared to put my last butt out, but by golly I need to. I burn through almost 2 packs a day and a cigarette last me only about a minute or two till I've smoked down the whole thing. This is a terrible way to live and is very hard on my health and is getting very expensive. I need help I need a friend who has gone through this. I've quit twice in my life for any amount of time, both times I had no choice to quit but when given the opportunity right back at it I went. This time I want to quit for me for my life and everything and everyone sit comes with. So if anybody wants to help me with some tips some friendly advise or help just someone to help me through this. I'm all ears my friends. Comes migrate on everybody that is quitting or who has stayed quit. That's awesome.
  • Quit Meter

$556,186.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7406 Hours: 7

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: