Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

new here, new quit

5 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sushii24,

Congrats on getting started. It's pretty much the norm for people to quit multiple times before they reach their lasting quit. Consider it apart of the learning process. I am glad you know your triggers and you have prepared yourself. Prepare more by working through the program. Read and post often in the forums. Don't go through this alone.

We are here to support you every step of the way,

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sushi24,
 Welcome to the stop smoking center. It's good to hear that you are going to give it another try after slipping. The only way you can lose is by not trying to quit. You've quit before so you know what to expect on your journey. There are a lot of good tips to help you in these forums. Best advice I can give you right now is to read, read, read through the forums and learn all you can. Here are a couple of tips to help you get started: 
Do not smoke.  Sorry, couldn't resist that one. That's kind of a given! 
There is no such thing as "just one".
HALT: Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. If you feel you need a cigarette, stop and check. Make sure you are not experiencing any of these. 
Keep yourself busy so you do not have time to think about smoking if possible. 
Remember this definition too... Nicotine: "A poisonous alkaloid used as an insecticide."  
Stay strong and be sure and watch out for those triggers. I wish you the best on this journey!

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,129.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 17

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,
I am just beginning another attempt at stopping this smoking habit of mine. I quit for a year in 2016, but started again after stress got the best of me. Here I go again........I know what my triggers are, and I am going to have to avoid them, I think, in order to be successful. I have smoked for 30 years, every single day, and lately I've noticed, at night, I wake up wheezing. That cannot be a good thing. I will be using the patch, as it seemed to work for me last time........any tips you can give are appreciaterd. 
  • Quit Meter

$158,896.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6024 Hours: 14

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: