Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Smoked for 37 years!

10 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This post is great!  The support continues with lots of new voices to be found here! Excellent work DebSoFlo - You're doing so well!  I'm so glad you and Carol have found each other too - the PMs are so nice to connect : )  . . . Good on ya guys - keep up the great quits!  
10 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks Carol!  i sent you PM back... let me know if you didn't receive - didn't know you could compose private msgs - very cool.  everytime i think about you and how you are doing, i picture you dancing around!  hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

to all the awesome quitters here - keep positive and stay strong! 
10 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Deb you are rocking it and already providing support to others :)  BTW I sent you private email so check you mailbox!
A massage sounds like a fitting reward, enjoy it!

Carol

thanks so much jim!  yes, it was really hard to be a healthcare advocate and be a smoker!!  i was always very embarrassed by this... i was always paranoid that everyone could smell smoke on me...  i do plan on rewarding myself  next week with a massage so i am looking forward to that.  thanks again for all the support and encouragement.  
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb,

I wanted to stop by your thread here to welcome you and congratulate you for just deciding to kick your nico-demon's ash!!!    You are really doing great so far, so don't forget to reward yourself often!  You really do deserve it!

I have a good friend who is a Physical Therapist and still smokes.  I'm going to relay your story to her in hopes that she may get inspired to also kick some demon butt!  Keep on taking it one day at a time, reward yourself often and keep your eyes on the prize!  Freedom is AWESOME!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,167.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1057 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
it is wonderful that you finally decided to quit; i myself have been smoke free for six weeks after 45 years of smoking;  it is never too late!  i believe that!  congratulations!
10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debsoflo

Its awesome you are at week one,  It made me excited for you and me,  I am on day 3,  I find taking deep breaths helps me however I have a cold and a bit of asthma at the moment.  I cant wait until I am well and my asthma is under control because I am a non smoker.  You are doing so well.
How's ur day today? :)
10 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debsoflo, Just well done to you. Viv
  • Quit Meter

$28,331.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 513 Hours: 18

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter