Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

day 2!!

13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Marbles, Ms Day Five Girl! You're almost at a week. How cool is that???!!! Yeah, those champix dreams are so amazing aren't they? Many of us missed em when we stopped taking those little blue pills. Are they blue there too? I love the wave image for each crave...they do always go away, don't they? I never would have believed that when I was still smoking. You are doing so absolutely great. Just keep not smoking that first one and you will continue to be a nonsmoker. Yay!!!!
13 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marbles, you are doing great.  I don't know about Champix, that wasn't around when I quit (yeah, and I walked uphill both ways to school every day, too, LOL).  You young whippersnappers don't know how good you got it.  Oh, lordy, I could have so much fun with that, LOL.  Sorry, I couldn't help it.   

Seriously, it's great to hear you doing so well.  You've got the number of your smoking friends, so they are no threat.  Just keep on keepin' on and you'll make it.  You don't quit forever, you just quit for now.  You just quit for one cigarette.  As long as that one cigarette stays cold, your quit is rock solid.

Keep up the great quit, Marbles.  Congratulations on five days of freedom.
13 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My best strategy..
I don't really know, I am combining many things..
But mostly visualising I guess.
I picture waves.. They hit the shore and go back.. No matter how big they are, they always do..

I know that this is my best shot, the best time to do it. If this one fails, it will take years for me to get the courage to try again.

I started champix 2 months earlier and when the quit date was close I started to panic and gave up the pills.
That's why this time I kind of went with the flow.

And still, I am not saying 'I will never smoke again' which might be a mistake for some, but for me it is better than pressure and getting scared. I am literally going day by day:)
Does it make sense?

Thanks for all the support!
Day 4 was OK, just a little craving after lunch, but I was fine.
Just kept breathing, left my desk to get a cup of coffee, then went out.

It is morning here, day 5 started
I forgot my evening dose last night, so no 3D dreams which I was disapointed about, I am getting used to them, so much fun
I am still OK, not depressed, not stressed, very very proud of myself!

Yesterday I was with a colleague and he asked if it is too tempting for me if he smoked, I replied 'would be a good challenge' but now that I think about it, I didn't even notice him lighting up or even smoking.

Later another friend asked if I wanted one, and I smiled and said 'I don't smoke any more'
Oh, how good it felt!

Not too much support from friends, they are mostly smokers so I got responses like...

'If you are counting the days, you will fail for sure'
'Ah, you quit... for how long?'
'so and so quit smoking and failed after 2 years, it is impossible to quit'
'yeah yeah' (most disgusting response you can get I guess)

I am just smiling and walking away, too early to make comments but I soo want to prove them wrong.

J, I always knew I smelled bad and I was using cologne, perfume deodorant, hand sanitizer, you name it.
I was living with that self conscious feeling all the time which is not fun.

13 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome Marbles!  I hope day 4 goes just as well!

The story about the perfume hits on one of the strangest parts of this addiction, to me anywho.  All of the smokers I know, myself previously included, seem to think that  it's all the other smokers that smell bad.  From where I sit now, I know that is just silly; but I remember really really believing that at the time.  :(

Best of luck!
13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes, Marbles...good for your continued efforts...hopefully you're still a nonsmoker

lol Roxie...yeah, funny how we thought just a little spray of this, a gargle of that would disguise that horrible smell, isn't it? 
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marbles,

Day 4 for you. Good work. Nice to see you noticing positive things about your quit already. Yes, I think the 'eau de campfire' is soooo last season!

Keep up the good work. What is your best anti-craving strategy so far?

Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,446.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5538 Hours: 13

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Marbles :)  I quit tons of times before coming here; I thought I had such great willpower; but would inevitably cave to the crave!  But the support and program here at SSC brings a new perspective for long lasting Quits - the quit meter is so cool - it's great to see how well your quit is going and to see others working on the same goals - no matter how many times you tried before - it is always worth it to keep trying!  So glad you decided to come back and join us and that you smell great with brighter skin to boot! Good for you! 
13 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome! :) Isn't it great to be noticed for who you are instead of for your cigarettes? Congrats on your quit! I love perfume and any kind of scented things...Now I can enjoy them that much more...

...one of my "junkie thoughts" actually used to be, "Hmmm... I want a new fragrance... Where can I get one that would go with my usual 'campfire' smell?" Yeahhh... lol

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay. The folks around here are great!
Day 3!
I never thought it would be this easy!

Big steps in life scare me, I am more of a 'baby step' person. The thought of 'not having another puff for the rest of my life' was not helping me at all, just making me feel desperate only.
So I just allowed myself to run out of cigarettes one day (day 12 of champix), and the next day I just tried not to smoke till noon, then till 5, until dinner, and made it through my first day, yay!

I am feeling very tired in the afternoons and sleeping earlier than usual in the evenings.
Have to take the dogs out for their walk when I get home (walk longer distance nowadays) so it is keeping me relatively active.

Samantha, thank you for your support.
I can't think of any rewards really, the feeling and the smell is enough!
I don't think I have any cravings, is that wierd?
Only, all of a sudden I want to leave my desk.. and I do when I need that, go to the kitchen to grab something or go and wash my hands. It is the need of a break I guess..

Aloha, I think I remember you
I saw the thread abouth weaning off, so many people shared their experience there, so very helpful thread and when time comes I will try to go with what suits me.

Today I am feeling better, not too much nausea, so eating in the morning really helps.

Yesterday a clolleague asked about the perfume I was wearing, it has been the perfume I am using for months!!
And maybe it is all in my mind but I really think my skin looks brighter 

So happy that I am doing this.

Reading this thread: