Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Tomorrow will be my first day!

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
...and Fay, when things get tough I now pray, and so far it's working. I try not to think too far ahead, because the thoughts before overwhelming, so each morning I remind myself of "One day at a time," and I often pray while falling to sleep at night. I turned to prayer because of people I've met who quit smoking 30, 22, and 4 years ago. Each said they did  lot of praying those first few years. My way of using sheer will power wasn't working, so I decided to go in a different direction.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 104
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,912
Amount Saved: $1,128.40
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 10 Mins: 41 Seconds: 48

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you are one VERY tough lady!!!!!!!

N.O.P.E. is my mantra......it works.........
Thank you for reminding me how strong it really is..........

Keep the Quit
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 198
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,940
Amount Saved: $831.60
Life Gained:
Days: 41 Hrs: 10 Mins: 38 Seconds: 30

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fay, WOOHOO for you!  I couldn't have been around chain smoking friends on day 4, so I'm proud of you!  N.O.P.E. is a wonderful way to live!  You're 1/2 way through Hell Week.  Keep taking it one day at a time and you'll go far!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 358
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,320
Amount Saved: $3,580.00
Life Gained:
Days: 53 Hrs: 9 Mins: 59 Seconds: 17

14 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Erm.... Just a little proud of myself.   Have just spent whole afternoon and evening with smoking friend.... who chain smoked in front of me.... and we drank - I had a whole bottle of wine.

All night long I thought - Just One..... But then i thought of the re-laspe posts I have read.. and the NOPE motto.... so I just didn't/  There is no doubt that without this forum I would have... crumbs I'm on Champix, I can always do it again.  But I just thought of these forums.... and thought of NOPE.... and thought "I am a non-smoker", and... well. I just didn't.  WELCOME DAY 4.... you quite simply do not even bother me!  I am ready for you, because I am STRONG - Very, very strong........ (I have armour on - it's called the SSC!!)

Goodnight....    Fay

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 75
Amount Saved: $38.70
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 6 Mins: 47 Seconds: 48

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hooray for Fay!!!  Keep up the good job.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 294
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,760
Amount Saved: $2,352.00
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 3 Mins: 38 Seconds: 19

• Quit Meter

$52,230.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 738 Hours: 17

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Fay! It'll continue to get easier. Please have faith.

There is nothing wrong with doing some sensible shopping, dear. Some of us have to watch that closely, however. It can be a sign that all is not right. But if you're basically healthy and can afford it, I say go for it. You should see the list of goodies I have invested in I since I quit. Ball games, theatre, bicycle (and all of the accessories), a very nice vacuum cleaner and accessories, meals out, but I've only gained three pounds. I seem to think I deserve a reward for practically everyday I don't smoke. Truth is: Each of these days really is a big deal, and I really enjoy the accolades and rewards.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 103
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,884
Amount Saved: $1,117.55
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 7 Mins: 55 Seconds: 25

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
fay,

It is great to hear that day 3 is going smoother for you!

So good to hear that you have been using the blog feature of the site. Glad to hear that it has been helpful for you!

Keep up the great work fay! Hell week is almost over for you!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - Day 2 is so much better - thank GOD. I updated my blog which is about the fact the doctor tells me I have LESS THAN 50% lung capacity and once I have stopped smoking I will need treatment to help mend my lungs. JEEEESUS, why have I done this to myself????????

The blog also talks about my mental 5 hour shopping trip yesterday!! Yep, I'm kicking the nicotine and becoming addicted to retail!

I am also making progress on all my other 30 Action Plan Goals. 

Does anyone else experience a weird metal taste in their mouth?? Why is that?

Anyhows, I'm a bit calmer today - yesterday was a nightmare.  HANG ON - I just realised this is DAY 3! (I'm in OZ so our clock is ahead).  Wow, imagine that, I am on day three and didn;t even realise! LOL!  Positively going MAD.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 50
Amount Saved: $25.80
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 5 Mins: 48 Seconds: 1

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Fay, here at the SSC, we call the first week of your quit Hell Week.  Boy is it truth in advertising as what you have experienced only after 1 day!  You've been given some great advice.  Just remember that when you smoked, you would take breaks.  You would go out on your balcony.  You would have 5 minutes of "fay time" throughout the day.  Please make sure you are still having "Fay time".  You need to treat yourself like royalty as you know others aren't going to treat you any different.  Reward yourself!  Take a nice long bubble bath, light a scented candle, and lock the bathroom door, if even for 10 minutes!  Take a long walk.  Smell the roses (you'll actually be able to smell them now!)  And remember that you are quitting for you, not for others.  Even though others might have pushed you in the past to quit, this quit is for YOU!!!  People are weird when you quit.  You are so excited, and you want everybody to help you get through it.  You'll get a cheer or two, then people forget and get back to their own thing.  Don't be discourage by that.  If you really want high fives and cheers, go see a doctor!  LOL!  My dentist, eye doctor, primary, etc. give me high fives every time I continue to tell them I'm smoke free!  You CAN do this!  Take it one day at a time and you'll go far!  We're all here for you, rooting for your success!!!  P.S.  Rant and rave here as much as you want.  When you are typing you aren't smoking!!! 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 357
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,280
Amount Saved: $3,570.00
Life Gained:
Days: 53 Hrs: 7 Mins: 15 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fay,
As Miss Marple says, one day at a time.  Never look any further ahead than that.  I relied heavily on water, good tv shows in the evening, and napping when time allowed.  Walking helps to ease the frustration as well.  And one day at a time, things get better.  One of my favourite sayings when a crave came crashing down on me was...THIS TOO SHALL PASS...so I'd ride it out and it DID pass.
All the best to you, and keep posting here, it really helps.

Cheers,
Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 563
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,075
Amount Saved: $4,644.75
Life Gained:
Days: 66 Hrs: 1 Mins: 53 Seconds: 16

Reading this thread: