Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

I'm working up to it....

14 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Freedomseeker, I love your name. You came to the right place to find your freedom too. As you prepare to quit, read everything here that you can, do the program, get a basket of quit tools together, like candy, gum, straws, etc etc. Plan ahead. Try to keep yourself in a positive frame of mind as much as possible because it really does help. Post here and post often, we all have done it, so we understand the ups and downs and we are here to help. You can do it, every try is an experience and we learn from it. You know the saying "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!"

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 822
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,550
Amount Saved: $8,672.10
Life Gained:
Days: 108 Hrs: 20 Mins: 26 Seconds: 30

14 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is okay to be afraid.  We all were, anyway I was.  The point is set a quit date, get your stuff all ready for the quit.  Clean clothes, new tooth brush, maybe a new water bottle, so sugar free candy, new walking shoes.  Then go for it.  All you have to do is not light up.  It is hard for some (me) and others seem to do pretty well with it.  If you smoke, you set a new quit date and start all over again.  As long as you never give up on quitting you will win the battle.  Welcome SSC.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 69
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 690
Amount Saved: $138.00
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 0 Mins: 27 Seconds: 47

14 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome FreedomSeeker, I see you have responded to one of my posts already, and thank you for your input. I'm sure you will be successful in your next quit, you've found the missing link, this site. Educate yourself, read read read, gather up all your courage and step into the abyss. We're all here for you. Just remember, you must want it more than anything.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 63
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,520
Amount Saved: $756.00
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 9 Mins: 50 Seconds: 22

• Quit Meter

$37,510.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 986 Hours: 12

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, Jazz, Karren, Rock, Cat and all the others who have already given me support.  Bob, I also smoked for 50 years.  Penitent, I'm glad I remind you of someone who was successful.  I feel as if I 'know' many of you.  Cat, I had better have a pedicure!  That can be one of my rewards when the time comes.  Note I am saying 'when', not 'if'.

I'm so glad that I decided to start posting.  Support in advance is going to help a lot and you guys are all so warm and welcoming. I'm almost ready to pick my date.

Thanks again,

FS

14 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello!

Glad you're here "lurking"- just give us a hint where you're hiding from time to time- and come and join the virtual party soon! Here's where you will find a bunch of happy and proud quitters- we rant and rave, cry, scream and hope. You're never alone!

Cat

P.S. I can see your toe poking out from behind the tree. 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 51
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,020
Amount Saved: �234.60
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 2 Mins: 47 Seconds: 10

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FS, welcome to the SSC!  You've been given some awesome advice!  What's the best day of the week to quit?  Any of the seven that end in letters D A Y !!!!!  Please know that we will all be here rooting for your success once you pick your quit date!  P.S.  I love that you are lurking and reading lots of old posts.  We want you to be 110% prepared for when you take the plunge!  Don't push yourself until you are ready!  We want you to succeed!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 288
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,520
Amount Saved: $2,880.00
Life Gained:
Days: 43 Hrs: 0 Mins: 51 Seconds: 18

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Freedomseeker, I too am so happy that you took the plunge and posted to us. We are always keen to welcome someone to the group and we never ever pressurise anyone, its all in good time here.
I will just say, life as a non smoker is so fabulous when you get there, sure its a little tough and trying at the start but that soon gets easier.
I really look forward to sharing your journey with you when you feel you are ready- nice to have met you.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 390
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,750
Amount Saved: $5,850.00
Life Gained:
Days: 46 Hrs: 1 Mins: 21 Seconds: 11

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi FS.  Welcome to our little community.  It's nice to see you posting on other threads as well.  It's a good way to get to know everybody.  Don't be afraid of quitting, be excited!!  It's the best thing you can do!  I look forward to seeing you around, and helping you out if needed. 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 518
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,360
Amount Saved: $3,936.80
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 13 Mins: 50 Seconds: 19

14 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all so much for the encouragement.  I agree that one should learn from one's mistakes.  If this were always  the case, I would be remarkably well-informed!

I am continuing to read older posts and receiving motivation from other peoples' successes as well as working through my program.

Thanks again for being there.

14 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are taking an excellent first step Freedomseeker. Keep reading and working your way through the program. When quitting the more you prepare the better.

Keep posting your thoughts, we are a big family here and we love to hear from everyone.

Try not to worry about your last quit attempt that didn't work out. Often it takes a few times before a quit sticks. The important thing is you brushed yourself off and back at it again! You can do it, post your quit meter when ready.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: