Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Newbies please check in :)

12 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mica and welcome. Sometimes this is just the best way to do it, just follow on from your days you've had to not smoke already. I think the big build up to a quit can sometimes be quite daunting, and as you've gone 4 days already (brilliant) then you are over half way your first week.
Good idea to use some sort of NRT. For me it was the patches, and I would pretend 'smoke' a pen ( I know, go figure, but it helped!) of course this was in the house not in public!
Could you ask your husband to maybe take the habit outside, as not to put temptation in your way? If not, do what you're doing now, remove yourself from that situation. I wish you all the best, you sound so focused I am sure its going to be a great success. 
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Mica, 

Glad that this time feels right! Prepare yourself, use the coping mechanisms provided here and fight the good fight!

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,
I've just spent 4 days in the hospital; smoke-free of necessity... and I am going to build on that. Actually I had set my quit date as the leap day; so I've been preparing, and so now is ok, too.
I've been home for 3 hours with just a moderate craving so far! My nicorette inhaler is awesome. Takes care of the hand-mouth habit very nicely. My husband has smoked a couple, but I made it through by coming back to the site to enter my new quit date & such.
This time feels right.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
brat,

Congratulations on 138 smoke free days! That is definitely something to be proud of.
Please take the time to read through the program and to explore the tools and resources that are available to you through this site. We are here to help and support you in whatever you need.
Stay strong, you can and will remain smoke free!
Keep us posted on how you are doing,

Breanne
15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brat iam glad you came here, way to many reasons to stay quit, so stay away from Macs   Hang tough :) Tresa 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2400
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 57,600
Amount Saved: $10,080.00
Life Gained:
Days: 311 Hrs: 19 Mins: 4 Seconds: 37

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brat!!!
Welcome to this forum!. What a great achievement. Are you still on Champix? Maybe, you need to reinforce your mental attitude towards cigarrettes. Have you read Allen Carr's book? It's great on that part of our nasty addiction.
You miss it because you think you are missing something!! You are missing yellow teeth and fingers, smelly clothes, bad skin,bad hair,bad breath, and a tenfold increase in your chances of getting llung cancer, emphysema , and other lung diseases!  Also heart disease and shortness of breath. And this is your friend? It's not.
You are nicotine free now!!! You don't have to spend money in cancer sticks nor plan your day around your smoking; you don't get anxious when you go to a nice restaurant and finish your meal; you can even have a great after dinner conversation!
you can spend 6 hours inside a plane,a shopping mall,a non smokers house, and you feel great!!
You can go to sleep without thinking if you have enough cigarrettes for next morning!!!
Remember you left your worst enemy, not your best friend!!!
So hang on!!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!! say n.o.p.e.
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 40
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 600
Amount Saved: $60.00
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 15 Mins: 1 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello all, I have been quit for 138 days now, I have been using champix with little or no side effects. I still want a cig and I miss them but I am managing to stay away. I cant stand to see people smoking because I want one and I do not go anywhere near smokers right now.  I think I will always miss it but hope I will soon stop the craving for one. I will admit it gets easier and I can go longer without craving but it`s still there.  The reason I joined this forum now is because the last couple of days have been really rough and I seem to be thinking of going to Mac`s for a pack. there I said it.
15 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks all!  Been away for a bit.  Made my month yesterday.  The last week has been much better.  Very few craves.

I am feeling more empowered for the upside of the quit rather than dwelling on that constant hankering!!!!

Keeping up the fight and waiting for the stimulus check to hit/hurt my pocketbook!  So much for the tobacco savings, eh?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 31
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 930
Amount Saved: $204.60
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 4 Mins: 43 Seconds: 2

• Quit Meter

$50,163.57

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1117 Hours: 13

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aminee and Lee
     Welcome; I'm a new quitter, with 27 days under my belt; this support group made the difference. I'm on Chantix, but I think that having a support group going trough the same process is fundamental for our success. Hang on, it will get better; do whatever you have to do but don't smoke. Drink ice water, sleep or excercise, listen to music, have your hands busy, eat sugar free hard candies; take really deep breaths when the nickodemon attacks,etc.
      Make sure to work on my  program. You will get a better knowledge of your addiction and how to cope with your triggers and your cravings. Educate yourself; Read about our common enemy; And make qwuitting your first priority.
N.O.P.E.
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 27
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 405
Amount Saved: $40.50
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 4 Mins: 1 Seconds: 6

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aminee and Lee and all other newbies,

Welcome aboard and please take the time to properly introduce yourself and share your story within your own thread!  We are here to welcome and assist you in any way we can.  Look around, ask questions and lean on us.  We do know where you are coming from!

Josie, Health Educator

Reading this thread: