Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

I've been lurking ...

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you MistyMoonlight for the information about "smart ones". Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat - Smart Ones is a brand that weight watchers puts out. Some of them are very tasty and soem taste like cardboard. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 556 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,425.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Faith, It's funny because this morning I was introduced to someone as having recently retired and I thought he said 'Actually I've been lurking'. I was about to tell him not to any more but to come out and join in to get the full support of the group but something stopped me so I asked what he'd said. 'Actually I've been working'. Anyway. Just goes to show how this site get to you. Welcome and well done on making a great decision. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,832 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,510.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What on earth are "smartones"??? After meal craves are the worst of all....it isn't a problem if you can handle weight gain, but I never could and I searched and searched for a solution to that problem. I never did find the answer and consequently put on weight that I loathe, simply because I cannot find a finality to my meal....that is the worst time for me, when I miss cigarettes the most and always will. My dentist suggested a sharp cheese....but that has its calories too. Any advice will be more than welcome cos I was 110 lbs when I quit and I am now 127 lbs, more than I have ever been in my life!! This is the best of groups, I don't know why I neglected it, this site saved my life. I truly mean that. Thank you to anyone who remembers me.........You were the best, thank you. Pat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/7/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1691 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �8,455.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 235 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$47,667.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5953 Hours: 10

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have a great attitude and wonderful reasons to quit!! Do what ever it takes and rely on whatever gets your through. Make new routines for old ones. That helps so much. I knew that mornings...after work.... and after dinner.... were my three hardest times. Soooo...in the morning I read my bible and a devotional instead of having a cigarette. After work I walked my dog in the woods directly opon arriving home....and after dinner I would have a "smartones" desert. Making new and better habits and routines to replace the smoking times helps you not feel your left out. Your doing great Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,640.49 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hellllllooo Faith, Just making it through hell, and heck week without the support of the people here is reason to celebrate! Congratulations. Tomorrow you'll have a month already. Isn't that something? Well welcome to the SSC, and remember before you smoke...post, and wait for at least 5 replies. Sometimes 10. worked for me. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $541.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Faith. Welcome to SSC. As you have already seen, there's an amazing group of supporters that migrate here. Fantastic people! My husband and I both quit on Jan 3/08. We're both using the patch as well, and have experienced the sleepless nights, vivid dreams, etc. We try to remember to take our patches off around 8:00 p.m. each night, and so far it's made a huge difference in our sleep. Nice to meet you, and love your dog! Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith, Welcome to our support community. Have you tried taking off the patch before bed? Many members advised this can them a better sleep and less vivid dreams. Congrats to you and your hubby for making a fantastic journey and know that we are for you in support and knowledge. We look forward to hearing more from you :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Faith, this is a good place to be for support and a fun place too, Hang tough in your quit :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1992 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,972.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 284 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$14,531.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 686 Hours: 10

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Faith I'm the cranky old Bear that Grin was refering to and she's right I don't bite much only when people try to feed me bs. :) This is a fantastic group of people to hang with through the stages of your quit.As you can see this is doable.If your leaving the patch on at night this is probable the source of your sleepless nights and it's okay to take it off at night.When you put it back on in the morning you may also experience a bit of light headedness.Congratulations in advance by the way on your 30 days smoke free tomorrow. :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 307 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,070.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: