Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Blue Pill or the Red Pill?

16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love this conversation. I'm new and have not gotten to my quit date yet. But taking the plunge and experiencing a whole new life is something I am not a stranger too. I did that when I quit drinking and my life is so much better. I wish I could get to that place where I feel that way about quitting smoking. Terry
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great analogy! Thanks John for the insight :) For anyone on the fence - take the plunge! Open your eyes to a whole, new life that is so much better than you could've imagined. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1267 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,701.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 98 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$36,738.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 635 Hours: 9

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks John! Boy am I glad to be out of that "fantasy world" without any chance of stepping back in. That's the joy of beating this addiction with a positive mind, you just know you are not going back there no matter what happens - and that is a wonderful feeling! Penitent d1344 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,408.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1117 Hours: 4

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As many times as I wanted to step back into the fantasy world, I just couldn't. The realization that I was an addict was very "real" for me. I had spent years resenting the addicts in my life and suddenly I was faced with the fact that I too was an addict. There wasn't any way I could continue that life with my newfound knowledge. I think to a lot of us the smoke free world doesn't seem possible or even real. It is real! I use to say that there is a whole world out there that non-smokers know about that we as smokers have been missing out on. Take the adventure. Learn what the world is like without the smokes. There is so much to do, so much to see, so much freedom all around us! Who needs fantasy? We have the real deal! Quitting is worth it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 935 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,272.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 86 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said, John. ...and aww. Sue, I think he likes you! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 150 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $877.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks John and Sue, Very insightful and congrats on your dual quit! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are just too cute. :eg: I am standing my decision not to smoke. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 266 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $399.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just love you both. You are so spot on as our English friend would say. I'm glad you made the choice and so did I. My life is richer just knowing you'al. We don't smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $804.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Did you see the movie the Matrix? Neo had the choice of the Red Pill or the Blue pill. The blue pill would let him continue his life in a fantasy world never knowing the truth while the red pill would let him see the truth even though it might not be as pleasant as the world he was accustomed to. Neo had to make a choice between the truth and fantasy. We all know which way Neo went but which way will you go is the question? This is YOUR life, it is not a movie and this is not a dress rehearsal there are no re-takes. Your future is determined with the choices you make today, so make sure what you chose to do is the right call. If you decide to smoke I just hope there won�t be a day when you would say, "I should of" or "I could have" and "if only I had...". After all I have never heard of someone who was smoke-free say that they were a smoker. We all have to make choices in our life, when it comes to smoking, no one can make that choice for us. Once we make the choice to quit we must stand by it no matter what. <<- Life is not a dress rehearsal ->> Special credit for this content goes to my lovely wife "Susan_in_NC" who not just stood by me during my quit but decided to go smoke-free as well and stay my life long Partner-in-Crime. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 263 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $920.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: