Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Anyone used Chantix?

16 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yip - worked really well more me - read somewhere it's important to wean yourself off it and not just stop...just a thought...no side effects for me. Big benefit is you can't smoke whilst taking it - well you can but it's pointless as you can't get a hit - therefore you don't have the same level of temptation because you can't achieve the reward. All the best Brubaker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �19.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is funny how you know inside when you are ready to finally stop taking the Chantix. I suffered many weeks with the nausea but was not ready to step down to just one a day. In my own time, I went to one in the afternoon and did that for awhile...Then, one day I knew I was ready to handle the world as a non smoker... Good for you on your quit and as reading the posts, it is all about you and your inner desire!!! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 176 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,155.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$20,448.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 666 Hours: 3

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the welcome, Aloha, and also for the reference to the Chantix thread. It was most helpful, as is this one. I see I'm not the only one taking one pill per day and that it works, as it is for me. When next I see my doctor, I plan to talk with her further about this. At the time she gave me the prescription, she strongly stressed that the Chantix be taken with a full glass of water after a meal. I take it after breakfast. I don't know if I react to the pill (it does have a yucky flavor IMO) or all that water after eating!
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Emell, you are almost at two months! Good for you!!!!. There is a thread called Weaning off Chantix that has a discussion about different members' approaches to chantix. Anyway, welcome aboard and have fun looking around. Lots of good info and supportive people here. Let us know if we can help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 295 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,006.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All - Just found out about this place and decided it was what I needed. Anyway, I started taking Chantix one week prior to Thanksgiving, which was my Q-Day. The first week went well. My craving to smoke lessened as the week went on. Thanksgiving Day was my first non-smoking day and I have been smoke free since. About mid-way into the second full week, I began to experience the side effects of nausea and strange dreams to the point where I called my doctor. She told me to stop taking the Chantix and try not to smoke. She also suggested that when I felt better to try just taking one Chantix a day rather than the two, which I did. So far, I have been smoke free since Thanksgiving. It's tough at times but I'm stubborn.
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KT, Please remember sleeping disturbances are not only common but temporary! Here are a few tips to help you get back into a regular sleep schedule: �Try to get on a sleep schedule. Go to bed at a regular time each night and get up at a regular time in the morning. Try to not stay up late watching TV and try not to sleep during the day. If you get on a sleep schedule, we guarantee that you�ll begin to feel better. �Try to make the room you sleep in as quiet as possible. Consider ear plugs or a sleep mask. �Use your bed only for sleeping. Don�t lounge around in your bed. If you spend too much time lounging in bed, watching T.V., drinking coffee, or eating, your body will learn that your bed is NOT a place for sleeping. �If you can�t sleep after half an hour in bed don�t stay in bed trying to sleep. Get up and do some quiet activity. For example, read a book for a half hour and then try going back to bed. If you still can�t sleep, get up and do something quiet once again. �Try to keep your bedroom at a comfortable temperature - not too cold and not too hot. �Try to get some exercise every day. You�ll feel better and sleep will come much quicker. �Try not to exercise or work hard late in the evening. It could make you feel �wired�. �Don�t drink anything with caffeine or alcohol for 4 hours before you go to bed. �Try not to eat a heavy meal in the evening. Don�t eat just before you go to bed. �If you�re not sleeping at night, avoid naps during the day. �Use relaxation techniques. Box breathing may help you relax at bed time. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All! I am on Day 8 of using Chantix and can definitely relate to the sick stomach feeling. I can usually just bear with it for an hour and it seems to go away. ANYWAY, I am finding myself having a really restless sleep. I usually sleep really heavily. Last night, it seemed I woke up every hour. Has anyone else had this side-effect? thanks! k
16 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am taking Chantix. For me it was the tool I needed for the initial quit. After trying the patch, the gum & Zyban unsuccessfully, I am finally past the initial hump. I have been quit for 4 weeks now. Chantix didn't take away my cravings, but it did take the edge off. Like most of you, I have experienced extreme nausea, especially when taken without food. I'm a little leary to quit the Chantix altogether yet. I've had friends that relapsed after the 3 month program & succeeded with continuing 6 months. I have tapered off to 1mg a day though and seem to be good so far. Quote of the Day: Once you begin to believe there is help "out there," you will know it to be true. - Saint Bartholomew [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$1,271.34

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5352 Hours: 22

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have learned a lot from all the info. Thanks for advice and support. I am working with the doc to modify the dosage. I don't feel like I am ready to quit taking it yet even though I have been on it for over 6 weeks. I realize this attitude might be more psychological than anything else. But we all know the mental aspect of quitting is as important to the process as the physical.
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know a lot of people who took Chantix for just a week or two. Also some people only took 1/2 pill twice a day so they didn't get sick. I know some people who took it for 6 months and started smoking again. So it is really up to your desire to quit that makes the difference. Although Chantix worked great for me and Sue, it is NOT a wonder drug, and after further reading found out it can have very severe side affects for some people. So if you can't take Chantix don't feel that you are missing a free ride to quit town. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 250 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $875.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: