Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

trying....

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus, Keep on quitting for as long as it takes...each time you have learned something new to take along to the next quit, and use your knowledge, know that it is and addiction and that in accepting that fact it helps you to move forward and away from it! Good luck and keep trying! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,297.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus, Nobody here can blame you for what you have done... so many of us (myself included) have been there and have gone on to have successful quits and I'm sure you will too. Just don't give up on yourself! When you're ready, we'll be here to support you as much as we can. I urge you right now to set a date. I can't tell you how many times I said "I'm going to quit" but without a date, I didn't have a goal... and days, weeks, months and even years went by before I finally HAD to quit (my constant cough was affecting my work and my co-workers were complaining about it). Don't wait that long! Please, set a date now... it can be as far out as you need it to be, but having a goal will help you prepare for this new quit. While you're preparing, analyze your smoking patterns... when do you feel you need to smoke the most? What do you feel when you smoke? Knowing these things will help you combat the cravings. Next, make a plan... now. Plan out EXACTLY what you will do when you think you can't go on. Promise yourself you will post here and wait for 10 responses. Perhaps keeping your reasons for quitting with you at all times and reading them will work too if you're not near a computer when the urge hits and you're about to cave. Whatever it takes, have a PLAN in place for what you will do when you want to smoke. Without a plan, quitting is almost impossible. Don't keep putting yourself through this! Make a plan now for your next quit. We all look forward to your return. Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 749 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,093.37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 241 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Seamus... I'm so sorry to have read about you relapsing. My heart goes out to you because I know the feeling...did the same thing. I posted in the Introduction that I slipped and am restarting. One major thing I learned is that smoking didn't change anything which was going on with me. I also can relate when you talk about the stresses in your life.. again, it didn't make a difference. I very much hope that when you feel to get back to the quit you'll go into it with new coping skills. But also Seamus.. I wish you all the very best because you are such a giving and compassionate person. When you do come back you're going to have so many people at the 'door' waiting to greet you with open arms! See you soon .. I hope. Sam xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for the wonderful words of support and love. When I am ready I will be running back into those open arms and using my ticket to get back on the roller coaster (right Tresa? lol) I am still smoking, but still coming back to the site over and over reading.......I don't feel right responding to anyone's posts with me smoking, but I am reading.......I WILL be back!!!!!!!
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Seamus, I am where I'm at today because of all my failed attemps. They aren't for nothing if you learned something from it. Think what you have learned this time!!!! You learned that the cigarette wasn't all you dreamed it up to be for those 3 days. Remember your sorry feeling. Remember how you finished that cigarette and then it was all over and didn't make anything better....make life better...make the day more beautiful....make you richer ......smarter....more handsome or anything else. Smoking does nothing but rob you and lie to you. So the next time you have a HUGE HEAD START because now you know more about what quiting is all about. Many find NRT gets you over the hurdles easier so that you can concentrate on living life without the habit of smoking ....then you wean off nicotine. I'm not saying that is the way to go.....it is for some. You never know what is right for you till you try it. The real issue is.....NOT TO GIVE UP. You did one heck of a try....and I know you will be back. mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The only failuire is in not trying, & you tried Kevin. Please don't make this a wasted attempt, try to learn something from it that you can use in your next (last) one. Lamplighter's advice is excellent, spend some time thinking about how you can make it easier next time & please come back when you're ready.((((((((Seamus)))))))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $583.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Please take care of yourself, Kevin... Also, realize that when you hit day 3 your body should be adjusting back to without nicotine...not really sure what you took to stop smoking (cold turkey, Chantix, etc.) but focusing on the crave will not ease or erase them from your mind.... Keep busy, and protect your quit.....I hope to see you again very very soon.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $728.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's alright, Kevin. If you keep trying, you'll eventually succeed. Just don't quit quitting. You know how hard this is... from experience. Prepare for it accordingly the next time out. Maybe you need the help of Chantix or the patch or some other form of NRT. Maybe you need to spend a month cutting down to a few cigs a day. Maybe it would be beneficial to do this while you're on vacation or while you're spending time with family or friends who will support you. But keep trying, and we'll be here when you take another run at this. Tak care of yourself!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,119.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:( Iam so SAD that you got off that roller coaster, we will still be here when you get back You still have the ticket to ride :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1792 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,272.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 252 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$14,536.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 686 Hours: 16

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No! No! No! Seamus, If you have smoked please jump back on the quit. You can do this. You are at such a young age where this will really make a difference in your life. I quit once when I was about your age and now I really regret starting up again! It has cost me my health! Please reconsider the quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$15,870.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 800 Hours: 12

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: