Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Like A Bear With A Sore Head!!!!!!

16 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Kayla & others - I'm still here, have had a real bad couple of days Monday and Tuesday this week and ended up 'stealing' a cigarette from a packet my Mum had left in the kitchen. Had been real stressed at work trying to sort my staff's problems out (they are +++stressed and pee'd off with their workload). Their stressed - what about me. Anyway - pleased to say that I didn't really enjoy the cigarette I had, felt really sick and nauseous and had to sit down - did make sure I smoked it all. The sick feeling didn't go for quite a while, and I also felt quite out of breath. Think my little failing might have helped my resolve because since then yesterday and today the cravings have eased. At least for a while, I know from reading others postings that the old wolf may well rear its' ugly head from time to time and bite you. Admitted my indiscretion to my work mates and they still think I'm doing great - 11 days I think today (minus the little blip). Oh - my Mum knows I've given up know. She ended up guessing rather than me telling her, and I had intended telling her after a couple of weeks. Well she wondered why I was pretty irritable and as I wasn't on 'the curse' she put 2 and 2 together. Not putting any pressure on her re. her smoking (YET) but may have to ask her shortly if she wouldn't mind not smoking in the bathroom - cos' it's pretty damn awful to go in afterwards (I have to vent the window for a bit before I go in sometimes). All good really - but having the temptation of her cigarette packets around the home has been real hard. Gonna keep going and do it this time, and with help and advice/support from this site (both from other folk like you all out there, and the support emails that come through) - beginning to believe I can this time. SO THANKS TO YOU ALL - KNOW IT'S EARLY DAYS. P.S. Still me - just wondering I know its' normal to suffer a little constipation after you've given up, but anyone out there that has had this little problem can you tell me how long it tends to last. And along with that hopefully the gas will ease!!! Oh - and did/does anyone out there feel real sleepy/drowsy through the day? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �55.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Missed this in the turmoil of the upgrades SNAPPY I was HELL to live with!! It will get better Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,512.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daviscup, Are you doing ok??? Even if you aren't, don't go away and don't give up. We are here if you need us. Let us know if your ok. Ok?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Daviscup, I also told everyone who knew me,including the smokers at work. With so many people watching, and maybe waiting for me to blow my quit, I had to stay quit. It helped me, but I understand it isn't the thing for everyone. Good luck, stay close, you can do this! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $460.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daviscup Hang in there your doing great!! I give you alot of credit maintaining a strong quit with Mom smoking around you. the moodiness will pass and it does get better. I still get moody but I blame it on PMS 24 hours a days seven days a week and a teenager on top of that LOL. Ok keep in mind your almost through hell week and perhaps if you did let her know you quit she might be more supportive than you think. She may even want to quit as well and if not you are an example that quitting can be done. Stay strong and post as often as you need. Get some sleep if it'll help you feel better or do something for yourself to put you in a better frame of mind. Your doing so well keep up the quit!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $715.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daviscup, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on 6 days! Please take the time to work through the online quit program if you haven't already. If your desire to quit is stronger than that to smoke, that's half the battle. Please don't hesistate to ask questions and of course keep us posted on how you're doing. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi daviscup & congratulations on 6 days. :) Just like Lainey, I didn't tell my husband & it took him at least a week to realize that I wasn't smoking. I didn't tell him because deep down I was afraid of failure & didn't want to hear him badger me about smoking....slaps forehead...people do dumb things eh? He was a little miffed that I didn't tell him & it turns out that he isn't the nagger that I thought he would be but he is very supportive & understanding. Talk to your Mum & I'll bet she will be so happy for you & just maybe she's ready to quit too. I'm using the patch & haven't gone through any moodiness yet but once a month I do suffer from pms...it's kind of the same thing. I know it is going to happen but I can't do anything to prevent it. The moodiness from quitting is going to happen but just like pms, it will only last a little while....strange comparison, I know :blush: CRAVE THE QUIT :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $389.28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daviscup - feeling like this is completely normal at the beginning of your quit. Keep up the good work, it is sooo worth it! Hope you're feeling better soon. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 292 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �876.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for that folks - much appreciated. Day 6 and today has been real bad, for some reason I feel really down and depressed and can't shake it even though the sun is shining outside and it is a lovely day. I love my garden and had to make myself go out and do some weeding and planting, when usually I cannot wait to get out their and do something on a weekend - just everything feels like an effort today. And boy am I 'ratty' too - still biting peoples heads off. Poor them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �30.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Daviscup, welcome! Every minute of every one of your 5 days is a victory & you should be proud. You have a lot of determination & this site is an excllent place for the support you need to keep that determination working for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: