Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Introduce Yourself!

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have tried EVERYTHING, but this. And I think this might work. I quit yesterday, have bronchitis, can't breathe. My son has battled Meth addiction, he threw his cigarettes away last night and has nicatrol patches. I figured if he could do it, I needed to try harder.
I always felt like I had too much stress to deal with quitting. I didn't start until I was 23. I grew up with a dad that smoked, I played basketball in high school, never had any strong feeling about smoking or not smoking, just never did it.
I am a multi time quitter, this is the first time I have looked for help. I work in a small rural clinic, as an advanced practice nurse. My son had asthma as a child, I dated a doctor for 18 years, so I have always been an outdoor, bathroom, closet smoker. I really have always felt helpless when trying to quit or lived with the idea that I would die a smoker.
Inspirational music is a great thread!
Apply duct tape to mouth and hands, this is so scary I get nauseated.
Where is the craving board, I would love to join and thanks Rusty and Luna.
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again Becky, if you click on the HOME page on the top left corner or when you log on, you'll see all the forums for this site. Can someone direct her better than me as I don't think I did that too well. In any event, I added your name to the club, I am assuming you were asking in response to my post asking you to join, I hope so. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Becky, come join the 2007 New Quitters Group on the Craving Board. And I echo Rusty's post above. I never asked for help before either. SUPPORT is key to this, my 5th attempt (maybe 6th attempt). Hang tight! Welcome. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Becky, I look forward to having you on the site. I too thought of myself dying smoking. It is that type of behavior, isn't it. Your son at least deserves better. He sounds like a great kid. He got that from somewhere and I think I know where. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Becky Just wanted to offer my support - I truly believed that I would die a smoker and that I was unable to quit. With the support of this site, nicotine patches and some good reading material...I have been able to quit for good (Sometimes I have to pinch myself) There is tons of support and good advice here. Rusty's prescription is excellent! Jump on in......We love quitters here! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $590 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: