Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Too Good to be true?

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just want to say hi as well. I introducted myself on another thread and am also using Chantix. It is a great product but after posting last night I realize that while I didn't smoke 330 cigarettes in 11 days, what others said about prolonging the agony is true. I think you're doing great and I'll be watching for your updates. It's not easy for me, even with the Chantix. Congrats on such a big drop in intake. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Deb. I think it is important not to beat yourself up about the slip. You are right it is better than 47. Just keep on track. We are very close in quit dates, I will keep an eye on you. :)
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is great. Inspire others is always a wonderful feeling. I have gotten a cousin and a friend to start their quit. Your days will probably go up and down with emotions but hang in there. The withdrawl won't last forever and it does get easier. A strong mind is all it seems to take to kick "butt". Good luck and keep posting. Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, I'm new...my first post, and thinking positively this time it's going to work. On Dec 23, 2006 I began the Chantix program with my quit date Of Jan 1, 2007, continued to smoke as recommended and on 12/29/06 developed a sore throat followed by an intestinal virus that erupted on 12/31/06. At first I thought maybe the med had caused a reaction, but learned from all of my Happy New Year Callers that some others had come down with this virus too. The Chantix is definitley working as I am a 2-pk plus daily smoker. Today is my 2nd day and yes I am weak, I have smoked 2 cigarettes. But...on the positive side...that sure beats the heck out of 47!!! I've tried several times in the past 7 years to quit with no success. (I did quit once for 10 years, and did it cold turkey...no money to buy them and had no choice). What I am experiencing now is unbelievable...I am not craving the cigarett...I think about smoking one out of habit...but the craving is not there. We shall see what tomorrow brings. My daughter is quitting too, so I am motivated to help her as well as myself (if we can quit, we might encourage my other two children and my husband as well)..Good luck to each of you [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 78 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decision to quit smoking and I'm glad Chantix is working so well for you... About the two cigs....you need to let them go...it's time. Quitting smoking means Not One Puff Ever. By hanging onto those two cigs, you keep introducing those terrible chemicals and nicoteen into your system and your lungs can't start the healing process until you are completely smoke free. You are sooooo close to being smoke free. Get rid of all the cigs and ashtrays and make tomorrow your first full smoke free day...you can do this!!!! Good Luck, Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Being a role model can be a big motivator. Just don't tie your quit too closely to hers. Best of Luck to you. Quiting has an "ing" because it's a process. Maybe tomorrow you'll have "0" cigarettes. Be careful of it sneaking up on you to smoke more and more. We're here for you. Get your coping mechanisms in gear. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 47 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you keep up the great attitude it sounds like you have I assure you tomorrow will be as bearable (if not MORE so!!) as today. Congratulations on your quit and keep up that commendable attitude. We could all learn a thing of two from people like you!! Welcome to SSC, and be pround of yourself! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 685 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$544,524.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4199 Hours: 0

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I stoped with the Chantix after 52 years and almost 3 pac a day adiction. Just to let you know it does work but you still need knowledge about the adiction. READ. And even one drag will keep you addicted. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $918 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aunt Deb - So glad this quit is going in the right direction for you. Keep posting....there will be lots of support to help you along the way. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $565 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aunt Deb, Welcome to the SSC! Start working through the program and working through our forums. They are full of tips on how to tackle cravings! Distractions for your hands, mouth and mind may be helpful to keep your mind of smoking. If you have any questions, just ask. We are always here to help. We hope to hear from you again soon. Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: