Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Day 1 - 18 hours and counting...

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had mine last nite at midnight but I saved one cig just because, (so I am addicted), I have it still,
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome! I think when you are positive you get more out of life and lessons! You sound like you are being very positive! AWESOME!!!!!! I had mine about the same time last night as you and woke up this morning wanting one, but realized that I had to get my rump outside to shovel the snow that Denver Co sent us and when I was out there and gasping for air... I said oh noooooooo I dont want one now! I wish you all the best in the new year..... in the new life that you have decided to give yourself! :) I remember in grade school.. wow I can remember that far back hehe! There was this song... you have to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on the affirmative, dont mess with mister in between! I have been tryin to sing that (while alone) today at work and taking deep breaths! so far so good! Peace! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith... I meant to tell you: Your "not a chance" is making me feel more and more like this manic mother protecting her child. That would be my reaction if someone tried to take my quit away! LOL It's great to think that nobody can! I am in control now!... smoking? Not a chance!
Faith... There's my meter! I'm at 42 hours, and prouder than proud! We had an ice storm, and I'm sitting here listening to the ice drop from a tree onto my roof. Hope I still have a roof over my head later! Just kidding, but it really is loud. Thank you for asking, Faith. I'm doing better today than yesterday, once I got past the morning. I don't feel so much like someone died as I did yesterday. So weird... logic tells you one thing, but the smoke monster tells you another! I honestly think I am already breathing better, and that keeps me going! Went to WalMart and bought an Espresso machine... going to attempt to make my own Cafe Mocha! That was my reward to myself! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hi Katcha, I almost saved one, but knew that if I did, I would smoke it... too weak. I didn't even trust myself to simply throw it in the trash. I broke it in half and stuck it under the kitchen faucet. How's that for knowing it can't be recyled? Good luck to you... keep us posted. This site has been so helpful and has kept me from feeling so alone with this!
Mercy & Windy, Thanks for the support and responses! I haven't tried out the espresso machine yet. I seem to be accident prone today and am a little afraid I'll burn myself! Actually am going to look at it later, so I'll know how to use it tomorrow morning. MMMmmmmm..... I'm like many on here... I've smoked my entire adult life. Can't even remember what it was like not to smoke. It will be interesting to be without it. People think I'm the most energetic person they know, but just wait!! ha! I am feeling better. The evenings are easier for me. Guess I didn't smoke as much after this time of day or something. I've used about 4 pieces of the 25 mg Nicorette gum the past two days. I hate to start another addiction, but I'm not using nearly as much as the package tells you to, and it does seem to take the edge off. As soon as I don't feel quite so vulnerable, I'll stop it. I have just been chewing it when I start to feel nuts! Why do we crave water so much? I don't think I've read anything about that anywhere. I haven't even been hungry either. This might sound weird, but my stomach is prone to being acidic, and nicotine causes more acid, which in turn, made me feel hungrier. I have snacked less the past two days than usual. I'm certainly not complaining. It would be nice not to gain weight, but if I do, I do!
Thanks! I may be here tonight, after my little nap! I'm in KS, and we have ice. Sun was shining today, but was cold and the ice barely melted. It is... well... interesting outside! ha! (I really need to change my name)! Yes... the fab fifties! Daughter is away at college and I'm alone for the first time in 27 years. Still trying to figure out what all I want to do with my new-found freedom, but I do know that smoking isn't one of them... not any more. I love all you nice, kind, supportive people on this site!
Had my last cig at 10:00 last night. Oddest thing... I woke up at 4:30 a.m. this morning, and was thinking about quitting smoking and was so excited I couldn't go back to sleep! I was wondering what the day would be like, and was anticipating beating the urges, and staying smoke-free. I want my lungs back! I used to be much more athletic than I've been the past 3 years. I let the smoke take over and gave up on all the exercise I used to do, and what I look forward to the most is having my lungs back and not coughing. I hate coughing. I turned 50 this past year, and I have been going through this thing that I felt "old" and unable to do what I used to do. Well... when I finally admitted it to myself, my age had nothing to do with it... it was the smoke... I couldn't breathe well enough to do the things I used to love to do! Today is the first day to better breathing... think I'm going to do a little exercise today and take deep breaths, looking forward to the day when they will get deeper and deeper without coughing. BTW, I've spent this day being somewhat lazy, but it has felt good. Decided to spend it taking care of myself. I was tired earlier, so I took a nap that felt great. I've only had a couple of times where I didn't feel so good, but like you all say... they pass pretty quickly. I still have coping ideas up my sleeve to use if and when I need to. Happy New Year to you all! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's stories here and look forward to many more! :)
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Interesting, I miss the snow, here at the Oregon coast we have rain. I turned 50 this past year and also realized my health problems was due to my smoking. Today is day one for me as well. Hanging in there one hour at a time! Hope to hear from you some more. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Interesting!! How's that Espresso machine working out for ya? Bet you're buzzing around the house with all that extra energy and caffeine now, aren't ya? :p My story's similar to yours in that I wanted my energy and my lungs back and I could feel the change almost immediately! Every hour and every day it gets a bit easier and you begin to feel enormously better. I'm starting to remember what life was like before I started smoking a hundred years ago and it feels great! And you really should be proud of yourself....you're doing great!! Before ya know it, days and months will have passed and Hell Week will be a distant memory. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing, ok? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: