Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

I'm a newbee here...

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey jada. Just irritability and short temperment eh. You got it easy then. Just kidding. Congrats jada, welcome and good luck. This is a very good site and remember we're all in it together. Joe, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you everybody for your support and encouragement. It means so much. You have really helped! Now I cough, feel as though something is stuck in my throat, and my chest hurts. I didn't have any of this when I smoked! Maybe I am catching a cold. I have cried twice. Don't even know why. My face feels as if it is drawing up really tight, and my fingers feel swollen. Is this normal? This is really rough. If not for all of you and a lot of prayer I would not make it. But I will make it. I don't ever want to smoke again. Together we are stronger than nicotine. Thank you all once again---Jada :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
In one hour from now I will be smoke-free for 72 hours. 1:00 p.m. everyday is becoming more and more special to me. I look forward to 1:00 o'clock. When it arrives I feel encouraged. I also feel encouraged when I come here and read. Just reading through others topics and posts helps me. I feel better today. Couldn't get to sleep last night. Then I woke up very suddenly and smelled a cigarette burning! Just for a second, then I realized that was impossible. Cough seems worse today. That is the most surprising part of all. Never had that before. Today I feel a little more energetic. And just a tad less weepy. And just a tad less wimpy, too. lol I remind myself that I can do this. Millions have done it before me. Thanks everybody for your help! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Hello everybody. I just stopped smoking yesterday. Feeling irritable and short tempered, I went online looking for some help and stumbled across this site. I'm glad I did. I'm looking forward to living smoke-free and I think this program can help me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Thanks to all for your encouragement. Duckie, I am taking your advice and I have used a salt water gargle twice already. Is it coincidence or would my cough have changed any way? It is no longer quite so dry, if you know what I'm saying...As unpleasant as that is, I have to say that it's a good thing in the long run. Everybody hang in there! Whatever you do, just don't light up that first cigarette. I'll be in touch later today. I'm going for a walk now.---Jada [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Hi Everybody, This is day FOUR. I actually had an easier time last evening than tonight. Craving a lot this eve. Thanks to Duckie, my throat feels a little better. I noticed yesterday that my sense of smell is improving. Earlier today I drank a Coke and it tasted so good! I haven't been able to eat much so far as I have felt sick to my stomach since day 1. That seems to be gone now, but I am walking to the drug store as soon as I post this to buy a laxative. I still feel like crying sometimes, but more than that now I feel so very grateful. I truly believe I am going to make it this time. And I am grateful to the people who started this website where we can all come to to vent, share, learn, cry and laugh; while increasing our odds of quitting smoking and improving our lives physically, spiritually, mentally and financially. I truly don't know if I would have made it to day four without SSC. Everybody, KEEP ON KEEPIN ON! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i think you are doind fantastic.. i have had the dry throat symptom on and off since my quite if you read any of my posts i am at the sobbing stage at week 3. gone through dizzyness,lack of concentration,lack of sleep and still have this prob,ratty as hell,awfull cravings,to no cravings at all,and some more....... it is up to us as individuals to knock the ciggs on the head and get a better life. most of the time we are strong and determined but the evil week keeps rearing its ugly head and we have to be strong. look how far you have come already . keep strong and focused ( talking to myself now ) and we will get through HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL P [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 422 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �103.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jada, So glad you are here. This is a really great place to be. There is alot of support and great advice. How are you doing so far? Are you using any NRT's? Post often and let us know how you are doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 503 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jada, your doing so well. Hang in there. I coughed also and there is a thread about coughing that is kind of gross, but very informative. I'll see if I can find it and bump it for you. Just don't eat anything before you read it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome -- I just love the mean people here! Me, after I finished being irritable, I got confused. Still am. What did you say your name was again? peteg (I think) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: