Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,476 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Finally I quit smoking....

17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for your support. So far, so good. My 4th day not smoking today! YAY!!!! My husband quit one day after my son and I and would not use the patches. (he is a little stubborn) But last night, he found it really tough and decided to try it and is having a better day for it. He prefers not to talk about it...wants to act as if he never smoked and thinks that by not talking about it then he won't have to think about it. I, on the other hand have learned that it is much better to talk about it. I guess that everyone deals with it whichever way suits them. My daughter is doing okay, she is old enough to understand (19)and is very happy for us. After all, she wants to live in a smoke free house and is encouraging us. Today I was walking around the city waiting for my son while he was at the dentist and I could smell people smoking from far away...it did not give me a craving, instead I found that it stunk. I hope that I don't turn into one of those obnoxious reformed smokers!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 91 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit on Tuesday. It's my 3rd day today and it's getting better. I am using the patches. I am very pleased with myself to say the least! My son, 22 years old also quit with me and my husband quit yesterday. My poor daughter, the only non-smoker in the house will have to deal with us crazy ex-smokers. I had been thinking about it for at least a month and chose Sept. 19th as my quit day because it is also my 4 month wedding anniversary and 18 month quit date in another program. The 19th is good for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! This is my day 3, and so far so good. Thought I might give you a tip. I've had to remind my husband that I have quit smoking which is my my fuse is a bit short these days. Your daughter may find it a might scary with three people trying to quit. It does get better and it does get easier down the road (I've quit before) But you will find an absolute treasure chest of help here! Welcome! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SCC Moqueen. So glad to have you onboard. 3 days already! Congratulations! Please post often and let us know how you are doing? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! Hang in there!
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moqueen, one day at a time, :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $404 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moqueen 2 days done, on with the quit one day at a time :)marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $400 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!!! I think it is just grand that the entire family is involved! Do you get patches at a family discount? ;) I bet your daughter will be so proud of ALL of you!
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]He prefers not to talk about it...wants to act as if he never smoked and thinks that by not talking about it then he won't have to think about it.[/quote] My husband quit the same day I did. He was the same as your husband ... never talked about it. It worked for him. He doesn't miss smoking at all. I talk about it. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't make me miss smoking. Smoking is gross, one of the reasons I quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,015 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $532 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$54,483.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 3

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. Knowledge is power, so get prepared. Get prepared for your mind to deal with emotions without the mask of a drug. Know that the nicotine in cigarettes has caused you to be physically addicted. Take comfort in knowing the physical withdrawal will stop approximately 72 hours if you can resist nicotine products. Be fully aware that your life routine will have to be experienced without smoking cigarettes for you to be quit. So throw them away. Do not save any. What is your routine? When do you smoke? Make a list of your triggers (when you would normally smoke). It is better to think about all of these things ahead of time so that you can go into battle prepared. Replace your bad habit (smoking) with good habits. Read about healthy ways to deal with stress/emotions and start practicing your new coping skills. Get yourself ready physically by walking more, take in more fluids, get plenty of rest and avoid becoming overtired. Tell people around you that you�re going to quit. Get yourself a Quit Buddy who will be there to provide you personal quit-smoking help and support. Fight the urge to protect yourself from looking silly if you don�t make it all the way. Believe in yourself from the very beginning. Make it come true. If you don�t make it this time, what matters is that you get back up and try again. Also, don�t forget to make rewards a part of your plan. Quitting takes a lot of work, so you want to make sure you give yourself credit along the way. Keep a list of rewards you look forward to - it will help keep you motivated. Watch out for alcohol, social situations, other smokers, weight gain, and bad moods/depression. These things can make you fall off the Quit Wagon. Like I�ve said � be prepared for these things. We�ve quit. You can too. We�ll be here to support you if you need us. I look forward to celebrating your milestones with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$54,483.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 3

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: