Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

After 23 years....

17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you fellows! I really appreciate all the support messages. My day is better now and my convincement will be improved. My decision is possible. Here I found the place to know that. Thanks N.O.P.E. -- No One Puff Ever! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will quit! Hi there, I'm Marcelo from Brazil. I'm 40 years old. Last year I did not smoke for three months. And I did the worst thing that you can do. I start again with two or three a day. And in a few weeks, 15-20 cigarettes a day again in my mouth. I stop 10 days ago on September, 11. I chose this date because I think that it has one meaning, a symbolic meaning that it will go to help me in this challenge. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Marcelo - we are quitting buddies (I quit on Sept 11th too) It was only after I quit that I realized the significance of the day. You have to come to a great place full of supportive, wise and fun people. We will be there for you each step of the way. Welcome aboard! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Marcelo! You've made a good decision to quit and also to come here for support. Have you worked through the excercises on the left of the screen? You will find them helpful. I can identify with your experience. I quit two years ago for six months and then had a cigarette or two here and there because I thought I could handle going back to not smoking any time I wanted. Yep, just like you, I was back to smoking just like before, before I knew it. The only way is to do it is what is suggested here alot -- just say N.O.P.E. -- No One Puff Ever! :) You can do it! Read, post and let us know if you need help. There's always someone around that will be willing to support you here. Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $475 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$42,944.22

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 21

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a terrific start, Marcelo! You have a great attitude! You have made a wise decision to quit!
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
23 years of smoking is a magic number. We have a lot of people here at SSC that smoked 23 years ... and you know what? They have all successfully quit. You can too. Join the magic number! Welcome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$54,486.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 8

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marcelo, Welcome aboard! Take some time to look at your last quit attempt. Pull out the strategies that worked best for you when trying to fight cravings and modify/change the ones that didn't. What led to your relapse? Any triggers? How will you get around them this time? Furthermore, take some time to observe your current routines. When do you smoke? why? and strengthen your quit plan by basing it on your observations. Lastly, you'll need a reward system and a tour in our online quit program located on the left of your screen. Keep us posted and congratulations on 10 days! Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marcello - I am a 23 year smoker who has quit too! Come join us - OOOH look, you already have an awesome 10 days under your belt - you're well on your way :) Terrific job & glad to have you! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 180 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,071 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $630 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marcelo - Welcome! You've made it through the first week and are already into the second one! What a great accomplishment! Like the advice before me, work the Quit Program Notebook and read around here for posts that may help you. I print them and put them in my quit journal for those hard times. I just read them again and again. Come here, share with us your story, rant and rave...that's what we are here for. Once Again, Welcome! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 212 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $424 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,687.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5858 Hours: 18

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Marcelo! Ten days is a terrific start! I think it's time for a reward for you. Now that you know what made you lose your quit the last time, you can avoid the kind of thinking that got you into trouble. Congratulations! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 647 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2264.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 89 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$54,714.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 3

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: