Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Hello! I'm new to the group!

16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the tip Betty. Hope you have a good night. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$56,487.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 779 Hours: 19

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've HAD as many as 50 birds at one time...but, I have reduced my flock down to 3 that I can't part with, because they are MY hand fed/hand raised babies! I won't say *never*, because I LOVE my birds, and hand feeding babies is my passion, but my Disability is making it difficult to keep up with too many of them...so I don't *plan* on breeding anymore, but 2 of the 3 I have are a bonded pair...so, *nature* may deal me a different hand later on! Yes! After 28 years of trying...I have *FINALLY* arrived! I had many helpful tools, but the real secret is not to give up! Even if you stumble, pick yourself up, dust yourself off...and make your tomorrows a NEW day, and commit to quit again! Besides just water...try drinking a couple glasses of Decaf Green Tea each day! It's a good source of antioxidant, and helps flush the Nicotene out of your body faster! I still drink it regularly, too! I brew mine with Celestial Seasonings 1/2 Decaf Green Tea & 1/2 Lemon Zinger tea bags...but, Lipton has bottled Green Tea, too, and I was drinking that when I was working, because I had limited options for taking my brewed tea with me & keeping it cold because I was on the road 10 - 12 hours a day! I drank the Diet because of my Diabetes, but they have regular too! The Diet was good, so I'd think the regular should be better even! You can buy it at most convenient stores, Walmart, Sam's, and most anywhere they sell soft drinks & bottled water! Hope this helps! Betty2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 461 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,227.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so happy your with us Betty. I wish I had birds for pets. Maybe, someday I'll have them. Can't right now. Don't have the room for them. Sounds like you've got a handle on the smoking situation. Way to go!!! Quinn, I'm teary too and I'm on the 6th day. I'm drinking lots of water and it is helping. I went off the patch...I want to be nicotine free in 72 hours. I don't want to drag this out any more than I have to. Hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$56,487.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 779 Hours: 19

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Quinn Welcome to the best dam site in town. You are going to experience all kinds of changes as a result of quiting smoking. Best advice check here as often as you need somebody will have gone down this road.Check out as many past posts as you can. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 264 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,752 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,640.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Quinn, Yes it is very common. Have you tried changing your evening routine? Welcome aboard! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my original post when I joined on September 15, 2006. Does anyone know how I can get my original info back? I don't have a clue as to my email or password, DUH! :confuse: Betty2
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to every one who has replied! Right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the info available on this website, and I can't view it ALL at one time! I am doing real well right now...on my own, and I really want to keep it that way for now! But, it's nice to know the info is there in case I need it in the future! I mainly joined this group...just to have some *kindred spirits* to share in my plight to close the door on an *old friend* with negative issues where my health is concerned! It's so sad that this *true blue* friend that has *been there* to help me through *tough times* for so many years, has proven to be such a leach on my health! IF I can find new friends that are as *true blue* & dependable as Mr. Nicotine, but *smoke FREE*...I think I will make it just fine! Thanks again & God Bless! Betty2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Thanks Phil! I've never been to England, but I had a DEAR friend (she died in 2004) that was from Edinbourgh, Scotland, her name was Betty also (how I got the nickname Betty2), and she lived in Riverside, CA. She use to take trips back *home* every two years or so to see her family. One year her family came over from England...and what FUN I had getting to know them! I will be looking forward to getting to *know* you as well! Take care! Betty2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
My name is Betty2, I am 55 years old, have been smoking for 29 years (started smoking at age 26), and I have been *trying* to quit for the past 28 years, LOL! I quit *again* on September 4, 2006, and I do believe THIS time I'm going to make it! I joined this group for moral support through the *bad hair day* times that still come once in a while, and also to help give support where someone else needs the help! I am disabled, live on an *extremely* LOW fixed income, and cigarettes were costing me about $150 - $200 a month (depending on pack or carton purchases...I remember when they were only 35 cents a pack, LOL!)...that really caused a HARD pinch in my budget. Over the years, I have tried nearly EVERY *trick* out there to help me quit...but NONE of them worked! The last 2 weeks of last month (August), I ran out of money and couldn't even find any one else TO *bum* a cigarette from! But, as SOON as the 1st rolled around and I got my check...I ran right out and bought a pack of smokes! After nearly 2 weeks withOUT...I near about choked myself to death with the first cigarette, and it tasted *NASTY*! I think I smoked about 2 smokes a day (down from nearly 2 *packs* a day) for the next 3 days, and they were all NASTY! So, I threw the remaining pack in the garbage, and haven't looked back! I'm also out of money this month, and even through the *nagging* cravings I still get, I just think about the taste of the last few I smoked...and the cravings go away! I know I'm going to make it this time, because those cravings are becoming fewer and farther between...and they aren't the *nagging* wall climbing, break down the will power ones that I've always had in the past! I also raise Cockatiel Birds...I have 17 at present with more babies to hatch! They help keep my hands & mind occupied, so it makes quitting easier, too! For YEARS everyone has been telling me that I wasn't *ready* to quit, and WHEN I WAS ready...it would be *easy* to quit! But, I always said..."I DO want to quit, but I just can't cut it"! But, I have about figured out THIS time, that *THEY* were ALL right! I'm always looking for new cyber-friends! So, IF there is anyone here that just wants to *talk away* those *nagging* cravings that come & go...I'll 'be around' here
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Betty2! Good decision. I'm in the same boat. I'd rather collect interest than collect butts! Keep with it, we are here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: