Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Welcome, New Folks!

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump (just means I'm sending this to the top by replying) A big welcome to all the new people to SSC. Lots of good advice in this old post, thanks Rusty and everyone for thinking of new people here. :) Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,412 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1190 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$120,902.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 962 Hours: 23

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I am on day 3, so far feel great,have had a few antsy times,but still going. I smoked for 36 years, on and off, have tried hypnosis,zyban,nicorette, but found I like the patch the best. (My husband jokes about my quitting 703 times, some days it feels like its been that many, I told him at least I was still trying) I came across this site while looking for knowledge and support and the most important thing I noticed was you could talk to others in the same "boat". No other sites offer this! Our three kids are all grown, and I am a Grandma (LOVE THAT) of a very busy little three year old, (reason #2, to be able to spend more time and see more Grandkids!) Only one of my kids smokes, and she is also trying to quit, which helps. I still work full time (am there now!) so that helps too.Find supper time to be the most stressfull, as I smoked alot then, but am finding taking deep breaths really helps, and I already tried the straw thing, that helps too. Thank you so much for the support here! What a great bunch of people! Will check in often, there is so much info here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Two more days till Q-Day...again. Duffis - your 6 easy steps are inspired genius! (born of experience, as I know from previous attempts). Are you still around? That type of humor & perspective is just what I need to overcome the anxiety about what I know I'll be facing - massive preparations, notwithstanding. If we can laugh about it all, it won't seem so intense. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, here it is, Day 3. I am at work and my coworkers told me about this site. They have also put a sign on my door to warn others!! Yes, I am very grumpy! But it will get better soon, right? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$408,645.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6421 Hours: 19

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm Shannon, I would like to know if it gets any easier. This may be the hardest thing i have ever done so far.
17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i will be sticking near, i have wanted a smoke or 2 all day. I kept telling my self no and i was doing so goos so far. It has been 29 hours with out a smoke and i plane on makin that number even higer. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 47 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Rusty for the invite. Today is my second day smoke free and I feel real good. I went to the mall at lunch to walk and keep my mind busy. How long do you think I will think about smoking? I don't want to smoke, I'm not smoking, but it's constantly on my brain- uhh get out of me head! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanting to express my deepest gratitude to many of the wonderful people on this site. You really are an inspiration. Whenever there is one of us suffering from the effects of giving up this disgusting drug that we are all fighting - there are tens of people ready to share their opinion and give genuine, heart-felt support. I, too, have been suffering from the effects of nicotine withdrawal and often not understanding what's happening to me. Often, I come to find solace here on the site, always leaving feeling much better having read some inspirational advice, not even to myself but to someone else half way across the world. Thank you X [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 413 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I am somewhat new. Only 5 days quit, but at this point I already think of you guys as family. i have spent alot of time here this week. Love the six easy quit steps. I smoked for 15 yrs, 20 cigs a day. I was paying about $4 a pack. Even threw 2 pregs. Tried earlier this summer to quit. Did not make it past 3 days. I feel like it was a lack of support. I was prepared, and I was most diffently determined. I had no outlit for support, Then I found this place....LLLOOOVVVE IIIITTTT Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi,my sisters friend told me about this sight so I thought I would give it a try. I have not had a cigarette for three months. My problem is I used the lozenges to Quit and now I can't seem to give them up. Has anyone else had this problem. Look forward to a reply thanks from frangipani :confuse:

Reading this thread: