Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

First day!

18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made It through day one alright. I just kept really busy all day. and took my breaks in the break room (No smoking) for the first time in four years. I got rid of the last of my pack and lighters, took the ashtrays out of my car and house. And went to bed early. I plan on doing the same tonight. I'm using the patch, chewing on cinnamon sticks and anything else I can think of. Razor
  • Quit Meter

$658,372.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8662 Hours: 23

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi folks, Today is my quit day. I had my last one at about 7am today. I've been a two pack a day smoker for about 20 years. This is the first time I've tried to quit. Any advise at all would be appreciated. Thanks ! Razor [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$658,372.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

WOOT! On to day three. I hate mornings though. That is the hardest time for me. I quit coffee too 'cause the two just seem to go together. But that didn't last long. I have an appointment next week to get my teeth done. So far things are going good. :) Razor [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$658,372.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Razor, I'm new here too. It looks like we have the same quit date. I quit on 4/3 at 7:15 a.m... After my "last" smoke I gathered all my cigs, lighters and "butt can" and prepared to throw them away. Then, I had another "last cig" at 7:45 a.m... That time I made the quit stick... why did it feel like I was saying goodbye to a dear friend? Why was I so scared to quit smoking? I consider myself to be a fairly smart person... except when it comes to my almost lifelong love affair with cigarettes. I literally remember sneaking cigs from my grandpa and dad when I was around 9 or so. At age 13 I bought my own pack on the way to school every morning... if memory serves they were around .35 a pack back then. (I'm dating myself here) :) I quit in my early 20's for several years but for some unknown reason I brilliantly decided that if I started smoking again I could lose those extra 10 pounds I'd gained and then I'd just quit smoking again... Well, that was over 25 years ago... needless to say, that weight loss plan didn't work out. :) I have to admit most of the time I still feeling very fragile and vulnerable with my quit... like I've just taken a beating... hit by a truck... can't breathe, can't focus, crying for no reason, irritable, *****y, whiney ...WAHHHHHH!!! Stumbling upon this site has been a real Godsend for me... I'm so inspired by all those who are ahead of me on this journey... and, grateful to find a community of caring people who can truly understand exactly how it feels to fight this monster. I've seen people here refer to the first week as hell week. Yes, I'd say that's been true for me. But, this is a fight worth fighting and it's one I'm determined to win. Failure is not an option! Most of my quit smoking ideas are pretty common and I've read them here already but I do have one tip that has helped me. My husband was a smoker many years ago (before we met) and he told me that he mixed 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter with a few ounces of orange juice and drank that twice a day - once in the a.m. and once before bedtime. I was skeptical but it does seem to be a great help with minimizing the nicotine withdrawal. I'm not sure why it works but I accidently skipped my a.m. dose yesterday and I definitely could tell a difference i
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Razor and bluepanda, It's wonderful to hear you made it through the first 3 days of Hell week! Keep the quit, post here as often as you can! Were all here with you, trying to help you suceed! Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 887 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GOOD GOING RAZOR!!! Yeah mornings used 2 be bad for me 2....ate celery sticks with mayo...did the trick for me. Have been chewing tooth-pivks ever since....down 2 about 5 toothpics a day now! Carry on! :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $391 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Done! Stopped for 7 years...started again after major personal tragedy...carried on for 7 years. Set your mind to it...stick to it...u CAN do it...!!!! SCC Has EXCELLENT info, tips and support..come here often, read the advice from those that have been down the road and can assist. Good Luck! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Razoredge! You have come to the right place! :) We are pretty close in our smoking stats. I smoked for 18 years and was a pack and a half a day. I tried twice before to quit, but not seriously though. They only lasted a few hours. So I consider this my first real try. So far, so good. I quit cold-turkey. In my first week, I slept a lot, cried, and felt so spacey! It finally subsided by the 3rd week. I came here a lot and read old posts. Then I started to post. I stick by this site all of the time. It really helps me to get through. Keep us posted on how ya are doing. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Razor and welcome ;) This is an amazing and powerful place - lots of support and information that will keep you on track. Go back and read as much of the posts here as possible, that helped me so much. Protect your Quit 24/7 and post here and ask for support when you need it. You can do this - we are all doing it:) Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,047 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi Razor. Welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit. Tell us a little more about yourself. Are you quitting cold turkey? I used the patch and it worked for me. It will get better as you progress in your quit. Keep close to this site and keep us posted. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$204,322.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5156 Hours: 10

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: