Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

3rd times a charm?

18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I too quit for lent and have tried at least three or four times before. This is my third day and praying I could do it. YOU are defintiely right about having just one will bring you right back. I also have been down this road before. I have been smoking for about thirty years now and this is a very hard addiction for me to break. But I am hoping with the patch and the help of these sigths that I will be able to conquer this demon. Good luck to everyone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i have to agree with the patch theory every addict needs something to help them along the way! for me the patch has been my savior i am actually afraid to smoke with it on so it cuts the temptation out all together [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all. I made it through yesterday and this morning. So far so good. Lady is right, just don't light that first cig and you'll be ok. I am going to check in everyday. I work for an accountant and we are in the midst of tax season, but I am going to make time. This is my life we are talking about here. The stupid tax returns can wait for just a minute or two. Lord knows they aren't going anywhere. I am so grateful for this site and all the support. I never thought I would relapse and I am so glad you all welcomed me back with open arms. It means a lot. My husband is so funny. He doesn't understand why I can't just smoke like 5 cigs a day! HA! I smoke that many before I get to work! Anyway, back to the grind. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! Elizabeth [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I certainly hope so. I am so sick of this. Start stop start stop. I picked today to quit because of Lent. No excuses, no reasons. Just done. If you are new here and you have ANY quit time, PLEASE DON'T PICK UP THAT FIRST CIGARETTE. IT'S NOT WORTH IT AT ALL. You will be right back to the same disgusting smoking habit in days. Trust me, I was. I am going to stick real close this time. Please pray for me. Elizabeth [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll tell you what - the 3rd time for me is definately the easiest. What i failed to realise the first 2 times is that smoking is not a habit, it's an adddiction to nicotine or living a life of chemical dependancy if you will. Arm yourself with all the goodies you need to kick smoking in the but, you will know when you are ready. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 426 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2769 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$12,462.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 623 Hours: 12

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Mrs. Payfer...welcome back! As long as you keep coming back you are tops in my book! We're here for you when you need us! N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mrs Payfer. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. I'm going to tell you a secret. The secret to quitting smoking.....[i]Don't Light That Next Cigarette![/i] That's all you have to do. N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. You know you can do it. I know a lot of people who have given up smoking for Lent and never looked back. You can be another one of those people. Believe in yourself and remember to take it one step at a time. It isn't easy but you can do it! Welcome Back [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,877 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $850.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mrs Payfer...are you still with us?
18 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Mrs Payfer! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 275 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,512 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1237.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Elizabeth! You've got it this time - just don't light that next cigarette!!! I have every reason to believe that you will make it this time! Just come here when you feel the urge to light up, alright? Welcome back. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 125 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $412.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: