Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Can people share their relapse stories?

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lemontwist!!!

You are correct in acknowledging that the addiction never goes away.  That's why one of our most important mantras is N.O.P.E., Not One Puff Ever!  We're just a puff away from a pack a day!  

Stick close, ask for support whenever you need it, read and learn from the Program and Tools, and keep repeating NOPE to yourself whenever the nico-demon rears it's ugly head!  That's the path that leads to success on your journey! 

Oh, and one more thing... REWARD YOURSELF DAILY!!!  Quitting is damn tough and you deserve a reward daily for making it through another day smoke-free!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,167.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1057 Hours: 1

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It truly is difficult to trust that just one drag will lead you into the rabbit hole again until you do it, and then it's too late. There are a million excuses I can use for my last relapse but ultimately they don't matter. It had been almost 2 months and that first cigarette was terrible and made me vomit, something I hadn't done since my very first cigarette ever. I bummed the smoke so I figured I was ok. And it was so horrible that I thought "oh good that was gross and I never want to smoke again. Glad I did that." Did not expect to have a hurricane force craving several hours later followed by knowing that I would be smoking again, and not only was I smoking again, I was smoking more than I ever had within just a few short days. It comes back with a vengeance... Actually the addiction never goes away, I just forgot what it can be like.
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Vincenza,
Thanks for your welcoming support and best wishes 
Sounds like a good idea..I may do just do that..

Picking up where I left off.  
I will not smoke today..

Red.
d481
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red, 

You're welcome here to use this site in whichever way helps you the most.  Good luck with your quit!
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I came on here today because I have a couple of things I want to say.. 
First off I want to say Thank you to everyone here who took the time to reach out to me with your support.
Your support to others really does make a difference..

Secondly I want to say I have not come here to start over or share what happened and why.
I am more comfortable leaving these things between me and my maker.
I have come here to learn and to join in support with others who are in various stages of the quitting process.
I am here to finish that process and to continue with my quit..

We shall overcome.

Red..

10 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red - you have come so far and done soooooo well to have remained smoke free for this long!  Can you dig down deep in your heart and see what brought this relapse on?  Perhaps you're feeling so well now that you've forgotten how smoking robs your health! I agree with the other posts here - please stay!  
It is OK if you relapse - in fact, it would be great to read posts where people are struggling with a slip instead of leaving the site!  Maybe you can chart your emotions, triggers and start over with the program to gain your understanding of what this little slip means to you and how to reckon with it!
Please stay Roses - regardless of what you are going through - you are so important to many of us here and we are here to support you - that is the bottom line!  
10 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red..,

Don't give up ok, give it another try, leave the site didn't fix anything, you do it before and you can do it now,wish you all good.    
10 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A relapse is a relapse. Just get on with the quitting part of this and quit concerning yourself with what degree you relapsed.
10 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Roses . I am thinking of you and the struggle you are facing right now.I hope you find the strength to STAY.
We are all here for you. Read over your old posts and remind yourself of the strength you have within you.
Wishing you strength.
Sherry
10 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Roses , if you don't leave you won't have to come back. We've lost too many people too early. Please stay. breather

Reading this thread: