Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,458 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease, Nallemor, Snaffums

How to deal with the rage? It can get me in some real trouble.

16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You do deserve a break, Tryagain. You are the only one who can give it to you so just do it...or as Pen might say jfdi! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $386.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I am going to see a doctor. As soon as the jar fills up. I have 35 cents in there already. Nope, realistically, I have to muddle through this as tortuous as it is the best way I can. I have to deal with realistically. I can't exist on pipe dreams that I'm suddenly going to be able to see a doctor who will give me loads of drugs that will magically make me feel better. It is not going to happen, not in the foreseeable future. I have to deal with the reality of here and now. The reality is, I am sick and tired of going through this mess as I have been for 276 days. In the paraphrased words of someone really famous "I deserve a break today" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 276 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,760.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am certainly not an expert and I am just expressing a possibility but... This all sounds like attitude to me. I'm sorry to say but if you choose an attitude of despair you will receive a life of despair. Would it be possible to honor youself for the decision to quit smoking rather than blame yourself? Would it be possible to look at the cost of seeking medical/professional help as a necessary expense for something that could absolutely make your life enjoyable rather than torturous? (You sound as if you are being tortured). Would it be possible to say to yourself, "good thing I've saved all this money not smoking. Now, I can use that money to get the medical help I need." I get angry too. I get frustrated and I have a short temper sometimes. I think you may need to take an active role in how you are reacting to people. I imagine you love your husband. Couldn't you stop yourself from being rude or mean to him by just telling yourself not to do it? No one is perfect and we all respond/react to people inappropriately every so often but, if you are doing it hourly you need to take responsibilty for it and take control over your actions. Maybe stop making excuses for not helping yourself and start taking action. Just my opinion based on not one single step in your shoes so I hope you take my thoughts in the spirit which they are intended. Hope you are feeling better soon, Tryagain. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $386.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tryagain You have to be able to breathe. What is it that you miss about smoking? What does it do for you? Think this through and let's all talk about this. Maybe the people here can help. What is your situation? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 646 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,553.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 117 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tryagain, What do you do during the days and evenings to keep yourself occupied? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 646 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,553.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 117 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Casey, you are right. I will set up a jar, and start putting my change in it. When it gets to $300.00, I'll make an appointment with the doctor. At this point, I don't know what to do. I'm waiting for my year anniversary and reevaluate. Maybe by then 1/27, I'll have enough saved for a visit to the doctor. So far, I've had 276 days of cravings, 276 nights of smoking dreams, and blaming everyone for my plight. Now, really I know it's no one's fault. I'm not a dolt. I know they only blame to be had is me, and my decision to breathe instead of smoke! I think perhaps this might be a kind of battle fatigue! The difference is, there is no respite, no place to get some R and R. This burden can never be laid down. There is no sleep, there is no rest. There is no let up. No wonder I'm tired. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 276 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,760.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Try, You have scared the smokes out of me. I was reading this post backwards and when I got to yours and saw how many days you have I just said "OH SPIT" I have had some angry days, I get mad at people I see smoking now because they can and I can't. I also had to choose between smoking and breathing. I am learning a new life style and I can't say at this point that it is better than my old one but I can say I physically feel better and I can breath. I will just say another prayer for me and You. We won't be angry always. [color=Blue]BLUE CLOUD[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try, It really does tick us off that we can't smoke. Who invented the dang things anyway (I think there is a thread on who invented them). Why oh why did we ever take that first puff so many years ago. I'm no where near your quit, and I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I have been mad and depressed lately, and I HATE taking any medication, but I put a call into my doc this morning. I'm doing everything I can to stay quit. Maybe write down the reasons you originally quit and then write down all the things you love about being smoke free, then take some time for yourself to settle down and relax. Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try, I'm so sorry you are feeling like you are. It must be difficult. I was pretty far into my quit when that anger came up on me too. Of course we want to lash out on something other than ourselves for getting so traped in an addcition. It's normal to not want to take the blame. Fact is...... we are to blame for taking up the habit. The good news is......it doesn't have to be that way. There is a way out and you have bravely taken that step. It means to decide that you you want freedom and you "get" to do this for yourslef. I think after you are quit for awhile you begin to have romantic memories of smoking and then you feel angry you can't enjoy that "smoking moment" (whatever that is) anymore. Your anger comes from thinking you "GOT' to quit rather than you "get" to quit. Analyze what those romantic thougts are. You'll see it's all a lie. You didn't get anything out of smoking other than doing the deed to feel normal. The body is under a false normal when smoking. While quiting there is a time period your body is still not on a normal keel. After a while it will balance itself out. It's a hard thing to tell you....that....it takes time. Think about what your wishing your smoking life back really means. I'm going to start a thread and I'm sure everyone will add to it. I'm thinking of you. God Bless Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 281 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,256.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
No my loved ones didn't make me quit. I quit because I couldn't breathe anymore. I'd cough and choke. Now, somehow I lost control and have stopped taking responsibility for quitting. I'm mad at the world. I'm blaming everyone and every thing for my having quit smoking. I know it's probably some junkie thinking to make me go back to smoking. But I can't help it. What is it with go to the doctor? I can't grasp that. No I can't go to the doctor just because I have a snit. A couple of months ago I had a very serious bladder infection. No doctor, even though I could barely stand up, no doctor. FIRST you have to give them insurance information, SECOND pay them if you don't have insurance you have to pay them in advance. I diagnosed it myself and scrounged up five days worth of antibiotics, part from the cat, left over from when my cat was sick. What I can't get around is "I'm quitting for me". Well, I don't want to quit, now what? I only quit because I had to. How do I get back to the place where I'm quitting for me? Where it's my choice and my responsibility? What happened to that place where it wasn't everyone else's fault? I tell my husband several times an HOUR how much I hate him for my not smoking. And, I'm pretty vicious at it too. It's a wonder he hasn't gotten me a carton by now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 275 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,750.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: