Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Can I reset my milage?

16 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am not married so I can't give alot of advice, but at night, I think I would find someplace else in the house to do something you liked. Don't watch him! Don't hang around. People are strange about others quitting. My friends (non smokers) bi*ched at me for smoking. I quit and for 1 week they were very supportive. Now suddently it was "get over it", etc.. Smokers look at it like you are trying to show them up by quitting, so they make it harder. Jealous, I guess... Just keep your quit focused on you. You can't help anyone else right now... Just you.. Do this for you!!!! Hang in there. It will get easier and you will feel so much better that you may hit the hubby. (opps, i did not say that) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,935 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much everyone! I'm on day two (again)..sigh....and it's not too bad, I did notice that when hubby decided to drink last night and smoke an entire pack in 4 hours (OMG!) I actually didn't have the urge, mostly because I was too busy noticing 1 - how unattractive it really is 2 - my god it stinks, and 3 - I was watching him cough, continuously, and watching for part of his lung to pop out! I do have news, also. Rob (the infamous hubby) has decided that he is quitting tomorrow. Now this could be because he feels like crap due to the vast amount of tar and nicotine from last night and may not last...lol but I have not even suggested him quitting lately, so for once it is his idea..I know that I'll enjoy not having it around, and I have locked spiteful wife in the closet for now, well, until the trash needs to go out anyway. Oh or the toilet seat is up. Oh oh and the roll is empty...hmm, I hear her now...lol He is buying a box of patches for himself in the morning soo....I may buy him a nozzle thingy too!! ;p[b]ALL HAIL THE NOZZLE THINGY![/b] ;p Jess [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy----YOU showed HIM, didn't you? Sorry for the sarcasm, it is not necessarily directed at you. I also slipped previously by being mad at my mate. In hindsight, it seems rather silly, but at the time...........I dunno, seemed kinda silly then as well! :blush: Reach for my hand and we'll pull you back onto the wagon.....now---remember from now on that your #1 motto is NOPE! :) Lot's of folks rooting for you! Keep the quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,992 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1912 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Need2Quit One pointer, your like me, only new to nonsmoking. I don't know what your home situation is like, but did you maybe, after dinner, go outside with Hubby and have a smoke. It was the wind down and relax time, when you could talk about the days events. If this is the case you've got to remember, Hubby's got to break old habits as well. He may just be offering you the smoke out of habit, not thinking. Mitch [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey NDQ!!! I think it's great that you came back here and that you're admitting you screwed up a little...ok...like that's never happened to anyone before... Make a plan...next time you want to grab a pack of smokes...from that not so considerate guy you're married too...grab your mouse instead...and start reading...and writing...and whine..and cry..and tell us all about it...and we'll totally validate you...and...and...maybe that'll help. hang in there!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 409 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep using that nozzly thingy and you can do this!! Mr Ed ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 446 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3345 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Need2quit, In the beginning of my quit I didn't get much support from my "friends". It looked to me as if they wanted me to go back to smoking. I got so mad over that, that I thought to myself: I'm not going to say anything about my quit but I'm going to show them that I am stronger than they are. And that is what I did. If they went outside to smoke, I continued working and didn't say anything. �'m stubborn you know......And look at me now, more then a year smokefree and happier than I ever was before. My "friends" still smoke and smell. I won the battle ;p Yesterday a guy said to me: I can quit smoking if I want to but I don't want to quit. My answer was: No, you don't want to be confronted with your weakness, that's the truth. If you really want to quit, you can. Dutch :p
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just realised what you said... I go forth, my nozzle thingy, patch, and I! Add me to your list cos from now on I am with you every step of the way OK? Me!!! x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 270 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,942 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1417.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I raise a glass to N2Q and her nozzle thingy!!! Me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 270 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,941 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1417.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi needtoquit, I wanted to let you know that YOU can do this...You are never alone....You always have the board....I know it can be hard sometimes in the real world but please try and remember always....why you wanted to quit in the first place. I know exactly how you feel...We become so dependent on smoking that when we don't have it we feel lost and out of control....I wanted to let you know that I started walking for the first time in years----since I quit smoking. Today I walked 3.2 miles....I never thought I could do it...I couldn't even walk 2 blocks without have a hard time breathing...Now I am able to walk for 50 mins....Iam telling you this cause I have been able to get that same feeling I got from smoking now from walking....My heart beats a little faster...My breathing gets a little more faster...and I am doing something great for myself.....I know you can do this....You made the choice to stop smoking, you made the choice to come to these boards, You can do it.... Anytime you see my name on the im please give me a shout....Don't beat yourself for yesterday just look forward to tomorrow...lolo x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: