Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

arm pain??

16 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, need2quit. I have tried the patch several times & also had pain & weakness in my arm. My doctor suggested I put the patch somewhere else on my body but not on my chest or anywhere below the level of my heart. I found the back of my shoulder near my shoulder blade or the approximate upper middle of my back the best. It take a couple of days after I started moving it for the pain to disappear. The doctor also suggested that the patch I was using might be stronger than I needed. Hope that helps & good luck
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
need, If it persists, check with your doctor and pharmacist regarding side effects and dosages :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
16 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I'm glad I'm not crazy then..lol It's not so severe that I have to take them off, but it's uncomfortable for a few hours! I did find out that increasing my intensity when I exercised last night helped, I'll have to keep that up...maybe it'll help me keep from gaining weight too....lol
You are too funny Phil...lol
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just had another thought.... I used to put my patches on my butt and my wife said I was a pain in the a**. You could be right! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 267 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1401.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Easily explained... You are straining your muscles playing with your nozzle thingy!! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 267 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1401.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi N2Q! I used the patch and had all sort of aches and pains in places unrelated to where the patch was. I think this is quite common. If in doubt, seek medical advice. all the best Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 443 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3322.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
I've been using the patch, and the arm nearest to the patch actually hurts, especially in the elbow and wrist, but the pain is throughout the muscle of my whole arm. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this. Day's 1-4 I had the patch on my upper arm and it started the first day, then put it on my chest and back, but it's still the same.

Reading this thread: