Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Feeling Low!!!!

17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lily, I agree with Windy... I think that 3rd-4th week is a little of a tough spot. I was starting my fourth week (last week), and was so cranky on Mon and Tues, I couldn't stand myself. Wednesday, I called in sick to work, and made it a day all about "me". I very seldom call in sick, so I didn't feel guilty in the least. I NEEDED it. I was afraid if I didn't take some much needed time to myself, I would bite someone's head off and then regret it. Looking back over last week, I think it did have something to do with the excitement wearing off, and the fact that I was eating everything in sight. I had to remind myself to go back to celebrating the quit! I realized I had stopped doing that, and I had stopped thinking about rewards. Make those rewards good! I also started working out and the exercise is so good for our mental health. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 279 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lily: I know I'm sounding like a bit of a broken record, BUT...Get mad and stay mad!! If you weren't a drug addict, addicted to nicotine, you wouldn't be feeling the way you are! Doesn't that just P*** you off??!! So, every time you feel the way you are now, maybe it's a crave, maybe it's simply a smoking thought, realize that it's the addiction that is making you feel that way. The only way OUT is to stop the addiction in its tracks. And you're DOING it!! You know that if you had a cigarette now, you'd feel a whole lot worse and be right back to square one in this awful addiction!! You've practically got this thing beat -- keep up the good work! You're SO worth it! Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,465 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $888 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Low days will come. Smoking used to be our way of handling these feelings. Now you are in a position to explore these feelings and new ways of dealing with them. At the very least, just hunker down and get through the craves. To consider smoking at this point tells me that you may be listening to Ol Nic. I know he can be charming. Honestly, to question whether or not to smoke in relation to feeling low is not an issue (though very common for us smokers). Maybe you are wondering if you are feeling low b/c you are not smoking. I believe this too will pass. You have proven yourself very courageous in this quit. This is a time to struggle through and get to the other side. We are here for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS]Thanks everyone for your replies!!! Ol nic is always hovering close by me these days I sure wish he would take a hike. :mad: I'm getting ready to join a exercise center hope that helps with my lows. Thanks for reminding me about my rewards which I haven't been giving myself lately I need to do that. [/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]I've been having a few tough days don't know what's going on with me. I had been doing really good with my quit had a great weekend 1st weekend that I really enjoyed since my quit, then something happen Wednesday it was like I didn't care if I stayed smoke free or not!!! :8o: My co-worker that works with me (she is the only one that smokes) she only works 3 days a week (wed. thurs. fir.) she was suppose to quit when I did but didn't. Anyways I don't know if it was her stinky cig breath that trigger the evil within me or what but if I had a cig I probably would had smoke it Wednesday :mad: ARGGHHH... Then Thursday I stop at the tobacco store to pick up some smokeless tob for my bro. the thought cross my mind to buy a pack of cigs.......I didn't!!!! this is the first time I've actually considered buying cigs. What's going on? Am I craving because of smelling it on my co-worker? I'm not around anybody that smokes other than her. I'm feeling pretty low today just don't know what's up with me..........maybe I'm getting depressed? Any suggestions?[/font][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have you reawrded yourself lately?? That helps me. Don't know where you are located, if possible take a walk outside, while taking deep breathes. If it doesn't pass soon, you should check in with your doctor. On IM if you want to chat Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,824 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $430.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lily - You are doing great. I remember a rough time around 3rd week....the initial "excitement" of the quit was starting to wear off, I was so tired of the cravings and I hit a "low" too. Someone reminded me about rewards and I made them a regular part of my quit. I made a list of everything I wanted to buy/do/see and by December, I had every single reward. As the addiction starts to have less control over your life, you will have time/energy to put into other aspects of your life. Sometimes we expect alot of ourselves....but this journey takes a little time. All the best..... Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $690 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lily_Gazer, You've hit a rough patch. Work through it and you'll come out on the other side stronger. Have you been keeping up with your rewards? It's important to give ourselves something tangible to keep ourselves from feeling deprived. Hang in there, you're doing great! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lily_Gazer, I'll share a little secret with you .... i may be warped but i still love the smell of 'freshly smoked' tobacco & if you cornered most ex-smokers they would say the same (before everyone bites my head off i've asked plenty of long time ex-smokers & it's true in most cases so don't even go there) The smell of cigarette smoke on your co-worker triggers you to think of cigarettes.. it's perfectly natural. You're not depressed just sad, it's still early days for you and you still feel like you've lost a good friend. But you must understand this.... do not dramatise smoking for it is & always will be addiction to nicotine. It is not your friend, smoking a cigarette was simply a method we chose to feed ourselves nicotine in order to keep the nicotine withdrawl manageable. Is there anyway you can mask this smell in the meantime ie, flowers, perfume, chewing sugar free chewing gum ? this would help reduce the stale cigarette smell wafting off your co-worker. either way, you're doing perfectly fine, keep it up ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 756 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,915 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4914 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 109 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$12,462.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 623 Hours: 14

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: