Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Wow, time sure flies!

5 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! Congratulations!

Beautifully written. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pat,
 It sounds like an awful lot has happened in your life in the 12 years since you quit smoking. Plenty of opportunity's to test your willpower too that's for sure. It's great to hear that being a quitter has not changed though.  Stay the course and enjoy your freedom from the addiction!
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,129.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 14

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I LOVE THIS POST.

Thank you for sharing this, it is extremely inspiring for my still-new(ish) quit.  
5 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's almost impossible to believe that 12 years ago today I began my new life as a non smoker. It's truly been an epic journey and I'm so grateful to have taken the nicodemon ?? by the horns and wrestled it to the ground with the knowledge and support I was given right here at SSC. I've come a long, long way and grown a lot as a human being in the last 12 years. I've been orphaned, separated, widowed, loved and lost and found myself again, gone back to school, made a new career, made mistakes, become a grandma 3 times, celebrated life, sorrowed for those who've passed, taken trips, broken hips, had a concussion, gained/lost those smokers pounds, been lost in the joy I call the wilderness, exercised and plan to dance my way back to a healthy life as my new hip heals.....all without one single puff. I couldn't have done it without the generous support of so many wonderful people here at SSC. Some have kept in touch and others have vanished into the nonsmoking mist, but I hope you're all sweet smelling quitters enjoying this delicious freedom from addiction. For all those who are here actively quitting, hang in there...there really is a fulfilling, peaceful, smoke-free future waiting for you just around the corner. Honestly, if I could do it, so can you! Knowledge I learned here was the key I found that set me free from my addiction! Thank you once again everyone at SSC. Pat
  • Quit Meter

$120,787.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 962 Hours: 0

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: