Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

My first 50 days!!!!!

9 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done
9 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for ideas guys. I'll think about what to get. I might go for something I always wanted but I'll spend some time having a good think what I really want. Maybe I'll go for a nice watch. For some reason I want the first year to go by..... well I should just enjoy life and be patient because time flys by anyway and my year milestone will come and go before I realize anything...
9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ytsgalaxy,

I'm not sure what rewards I could recommend to you, since I'm not sure what you enjoy.So, I'll tell you a couple of the rewards that I indulged in around 50-100 days. (I didn't necessarily reward myself at exactly 50 or 100. I just remember giving myself rewards intermittently--and frequently--around that time in my quit.) 

1) I got a pair of the Vibram Five Fingers shoes to help with my aching feet. I liked this one, since it was kind of a health related purchase that I could enjoy.
2) I got my first internet-capable phone. I'd had the same cell phone and plan for some crazy long time--7 years, I think-- and didn't even have texting privileges.  I got the new phone (and plan), so that I would have something to do with my hands when waiting around and/ or needing a diversion from a stressful situation. I thought that was a good idea, since cigarettes had served that purpose before.
3) I got a gym membership, so that I could take fitness classes and work out in bad weather. I felt that was a nice, health-positive purchase that I could enjoy over and over. ...And I have. 

By the way, the phone and the gym were always things that I had considered to be unnecessary luxuries that I couldn't afford. Funny thing is that the monthly cost of the phone service and the gym membership combined are less than what I was spending on cigarettes. And I have enjoyed both of them immensely more than I enjoyed the repetitive act of smoking. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,474.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 600 Hours: 17

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
100 is HUGE....Celebrate with ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!! For 3+ months you have put a MASSIVE amount of energy and dedication into your new life.....100 is very significant. For me, it solidified that I was in control of the situation and not the nicodemon. Celebrate your success...You've earned it! Keep the Quit, Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,362.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1121 Hours: 21

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all. My 3 month and 100 day milestones are approaching. Do any of you have any ideas for any special rewards I could give myself?
9 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happiness is being free of nicotine and living life on your terms. Do a Happy dance and celebrate
  • Quit Meter

$50,362.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1121 Hours: 21

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!

How are you feeling today?

What's your reward plan for 100 days?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So great to see yts!  50 days is that first little inkling that you can do this Long Term and make it!  Congratulations! 
9 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi YTS,

Huge Congratulations on your 50 days!   I am so happy for you, as I can remember that feeling on reaching your first 50!  It's so amazing to you and it should be!  You have done something great!

Now stay as strong as you can for the next 50, and...

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!!! 

Love Lolly.    
9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ooops! How did I miss this? Congratulations on those first 50! I believe this means you are on "the cruise" now. Enjoy!
  • Quit Meter

$22,474.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 600 Hours: 17

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: