Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERSARY TO HOTSOI2!

11 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim:

Wow 5 years...That is a wonderful thing.  You have helped many, many people along the way...Thanks for always putting forth a positive and affirming attitude.  It is a comfort to many people...

stay well

nonic 
  • Quit Meter

$66,402.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1300 Hours: 8

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jim!  Big Congrats on your 5 year Anniversary.
Send you some wine and roses to celebrate the day..

Red..
11 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jim.Congrats on your 5 years,such a great #.
I am sure every new quitter that has joined since you found the site
is also very thankfull that you found it.
Thanks so much for all your positive support.
Hope you really enjoy your new reward.
Sherry
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lainey!!!

Thank you and happy 6th anniversary to you!  It's really special to share a quit date with other people from all over the world!  I just learned today that Karren's husband quit today five years ago, too!  After you mentioned your Hawaii trip reward last year, I really considered it for my reward, but the timing isn't quit right.  I will make that trip iin the future though!  For my special 5 year reward, I bought a used glassblowing lathe to start a shop at home with some of the money I saved from quitting!  It's an oldie but goodie and will allow me to make some pretty cool stuff at home!  I'm totally psyched about it and can't wait for it to arrive!

Hey Ashley!!!  Thank you, too for all of your advice, support and friendship over the last 5 years!  I've said it before and I'll say it again... I am so blessed to have found the SSC when I did!  It must have been karma or something, but what ever it was I am so thankful!  I will continue to credit the Program and all of my quit buddies here for helping me to kick that demon's ash!  You've saved my life!  Thank you!!!  

To all of my new quit buddies here... crave the quit!  Five years quit is an awesome milestone and I wasn't quite sure that I would see this day back in the beginning!    I kept my eyes on the prize of just making it through the day smoke free to collect my reward, a beer!  It was one day at a time, sometimes it was just a few minutes at a time!  All I knew was that I wanted my quit (and a daily beer) more than anything and I did what I needed to do to remain smoke free one more day!  The days add up and it does get better and better, I promise!  Keep up that PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) and Kick Butt, Buddies!!! 

Clinks for everyone!!! 

Jim

• Quit Meter

$44,160.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1056 Hours: 21

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!

So glad you are a part of the group. I am sure everyone can agree you are invaluable here.

You always give such good advice to our new quitters - what advice can you give them about reaching the 5 year mark?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim, Five years is fantastic! Hope you have a great celebration planned, with a few cocktails as well! Isn't it wonderful to wake up free?
Enjoy every smoke free moment, and make sure you give yourself a great reward!

Reading this thread: