Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

hell week is over!

13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go! Go! Go! Marbles. Go Marbles! Go!
13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marbles, congrats on your success!  You're approaching the end of Heck Week now!  Keep taking it one day at a time and you'll go far!  And congrats on a wonderful reward!  Your lungs are going to love breathing when you are on the treadmill!
13 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marbles, congratulations! May you always remember Hell week. I consider it "aversion therapy" now that I've gone over a month. Every time I see an advertisement or other trigger for the darn things, I think to myself, "Really? Do I want to go through that again?" And the answer always is, "'Hell' NO."

I like straws, too. And I like pens. They're soothing. Instead of letting pens be a trigger to me, I find comfort in them now. They're something familiar. And if I happen to get a craving while holding one, I literally break out a piece of paper and write down "HELL NO" in memory of my first week. NOPE, never again, tyvm!

Stay the course!

<3

--Rox
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations marbles on 8 smoke-free days! Great work on the wonderful reward! Continue to work hard, post often and soon you will celebrating your next milestone!

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well now, isn't this something to be happy about??!!! Yay yay yay, Marbles!! You're doing this...now keep it up. Love that you are rewarding yourself too : ) Lucky you having your buddies to walk with 
13 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made it!
10 days ago, I wouldn't think it is possible, but I am smoke free for 8 days!
Everyday I become more confident, not just in the quit.

I bought myself a treadmill yesterday, this is my first official reward!
Every day I am spoiling myself with something small like a bubble bath or a nice movie.

The most happy ones about the quit are my dogs
We spend long hours outdoors, walking by the beach or playing in the park.
They don't let me feel depressed ever, they are the biggest help, they make me smile first thing in the morning.

Can't wait for the next milestone now!

Reading this thread: