Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Can I bum 43,852 cigarettes from someone?

13 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Isn't amazing how the numbers add up.  Think of all that filth you saved your body from. On another note, I read your thread about P90X and I started it.  Was a little worrried because I was trying to talk my husband into doing it with me, but you said your had a mild heart attack, so I just started on my own.  I need to kick this 10 lbs that I have gained.
13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, thanks for stopping by and sharing your great stats!  Its amazing to see those huge numbers, especially the life gained and money not spent!  Just think of how many garbage bags of cigarette butts and cartons/packaging you've saved from the landfills too!  Congrats!
13 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats John! :)
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John,

So glad to hear from you!

It really does make an impact when past members check in and show us their amazing stats!

My best to Susan and hope you are both well!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So great, John! Glad you stopped by. Nice of you to mention how half of the people you work with have stayed quit. I think it helps new quitters to know those kinds of things. 43000+! Amazing!
13 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can I bum 43,852 cigarettes from someone?

I thought of this site when I had to fill out a form at a doctors office. It asked my how long ago did you quit and I forgot.  Has been a while since I've been online here and don't think about cigarettes in fact, have not had a craving since I can remember.  When I loggedin it said 43,000+ cigarettes, holy smokes, that is disgusting!

So I wish everyone the best of luck in quitting.  I think that quitting is mostly in your head, the physical aspects are minimal. Once when you truely decide that smoking is not for you, it is not all that hard. About half the smokers here at my work have stayed quit, there are a few still around but they know what they have to do.

This website played a major part in the success of my wife Susan and I quitting and I still recommend it to anyone who asks me how I quit. We met a lot of friends here and I know you will too.

Probably wont see me around much anymore as I am still working on my next issue of loosing weight and getting into shape.

I wish everyone the best of luck!
Cheers
-John

Reading this thread: