Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,488 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

19 days,,,,,blowing my horn..............

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spacecas.....thanks. Yeah this is going to be a good year of firsts, first Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years, without smoking...............I feel like its the start of my new life............like I was wearing blinders and now the blinders are off, and I can see clearly now...........I was ridiculously stupid for smoking for 32 years, I only wish I had quit sooner.  I understand here in California, that the taxes on cigarettes are going up another 1.50  so now cigarettes are going to cost 8.00 dollars a pack. I was floored when it went to 6.50.....I am SO grateful that I no longer have to buy this expensive product, the freedom is amazingly liberating........like I was in a prison and now I am free,,,,,okay I guess you can tell I am in a melodramatic mood, but I am just so filled with awe, and a deep contentment, that I am fighting this battle and winning,,,,,,,,,I NEVER EVER thought I could do it. I know I am still a newbie, and I have to protect my quit, but I am feeling successful, and  I am looking forward to every milestone that is coming my way,,,,,,my first 6 months, my first year, etc.......... anyway I am ecstatic that I have found this website to share my happiness and my despair over this nasty addiction. Jules
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 22
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 440
Amount Saved: $143.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 4 Mins: 34 Seconds: 22

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Jules....I have always been an open book about being honest..I often tell people when they wanna tell me stuff that if it puts me in the position that i would have to lie to someone,then to please not tell me...With out honesty we have nothing and that to is what i respect about you because as hard as it was to come here and say you had smoked you did it...But hey look at you 22 days smoke free..I will definitely be here for the year and would love to share it with you and every one here...I will more than likely be posting so much after the 29th that I will have to change my log in name to whining chatter box or something..lol You are one of the people here that is a big inspiration to me so I am honored that you wanna share this with me and celebrate the milestones together..Together we will kick that nico-demon's butt..Stay strong and keep saying NOPE...We can and will do this..

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -100
Amount Saved: $-20.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -33506

14 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow;; ur doin so well keep it up n god bless u;;;;
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 29 Seconds: 22

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Toot that horn!  Keep up the good work.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 274
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,960
Amount Saved: $2,192.00
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 20 Mins: 48 Seconds: 46

• Quit Meter

$52,270.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 9

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Toot  toot  Keep blowing that horn Jules. One day at a time you're beating this. We're with you in your quit. I can't , we can. Way to go. breather breathing better.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 254
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,700
Amount Saved: $6,096.00
Life Gained:
Days: 46 Hrs: 14 Mins: 34 Seconds: 39

Spacecas.....I like your honesty and that your willing to take that step, to set a quit date, I know this sounds like a cliche, but if I can do it, so can you. I never thought I could do it. But I am. And you can too. I think we should spend this whole year together,,,,going through our quits..........I would really like that. Jules
Celebrating milestones....yeehaaaa...

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 420
Amount Saved: $136.50
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 1 Mins: 26 Seconds: 8

Jules..my quit meter is in the minus right now because my quit day is July 30th so it hasn't got here yet...I quit for those two days on a test run and reset my meter when I slipped back to my original day that i have had planned for over a month now..Thanks for the compliment about the picture...i like yours too it looks so relaxing in that picture,sunset on a beach some where does sound like a great place to be..Your past 20 days..WOW...not long and you'll have a month behind you so soon you'll have enough experiance to be helping out like the old timers as you call them...I am so proud of you and your determination to stay quit..You should be very proud of yourself too..

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: -7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -140
Amount Saved: $-28.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -43423

Spacecas,,,,,I don't understand your quit meter, it says -8 days? I love the little picture of the angel praying that is just so cute. Jules
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 400
Amount Saved: $130.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 22 Mins: 59 Seconds: 13

Congrats Jules...It does take some time to sink in that your doing it, looks like your doing great and saying NOPE...You keep doing what your doing because it is working...And we are all proud of you...

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: -8
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -160
Amount Saved: $-32.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -47419

Thank you everybody!!!!!!!!!!!  I really am smoke free for 20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing it.
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 19
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 380
Amount Saved: $123.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 22 Mins: 34 Seconds: 43

Reading this thread: