Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

1 Year of Freedom!

15 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW, Congratulations Jodi! Really awesome!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 596
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,900
Amount Saved: $6,287.80
Life Gained:
Days: 78 Hrs: 6 Mins: 2 Seconds: 13

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jodi......

Congrats on the big one.  Glad you checked in and stay well.

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 337
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,055
Amount Saved: $1,137.38
Life Gained:
Days: 54 Hrs: 5 Mins: 2 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jodi, Excellent quit you have going, congratulations!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/17/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 827
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,616
Amount Saved: $3,101.25
Life Gained:
Days: 93 Hrs: 0 Mins: 21 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks you guys! :)

Hey Goofy! Look at how many cigarettes you haven't smoked. That is awesome, way to go!
How about an amazing ride on the quit train to the Grand Canyon?!

Thanks for the kind words as always, Josie! I will see what I can do about a picture...

Eddie, what you said is so true! Let's celebrate!

Congratulations on your success Karren! The next six months will be so much easier, time will fly by. That is awesome that you and your husband joined a gym together! You may want to give the group exercise classes a try. I think they are a lot of fun!

I forgot to mention that my husband "tried" to quit without success. At first he was very careful about not smoking around me, but now not so much. He does not smoke in the house, but he does smoke in the basement. I don't like to be around it, and it does not make me want one! I hope he will quit soon.

I wonder how the rest of the Octobreathers are doing.

Take care and be healthy, happy and strong!

Jodi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/15/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 367
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,340
Amount Saved: $1,835.00
Life Gained:
Days: 35 Hrs: 20 Mins: 14 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jodi, many congratulations to you- I am heading towards 6 months as my next milestone and I am delighted with that- your story is so inspirational and I love how you are now enjoying this really active healthy life- I know what you mean when you say 'Why didnt I do it sooner' because thats my sentiment too- I am still at battle with the weight gain and my hubby too but we have joined a gym and just need to focus a bit more on that side of things now- any way well done to you thats terrific!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 159
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,975
Amount Saved: $2,385.00
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 16 Mins: 54 Seconds: 45

15 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Jodi!!!

I am so glad that the Octobreathers are still going strong. 

I can relate to what you said about  not quitting sooner. If was difficult in the beginning but not nearly as difficult as I made it out to be in my head while I was still smoking.

Let's celebrate each and every smoke free day!!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 360
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,400
Amount Saved: $1,350.00
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 11 Mins: 54 Seconds: 35

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jodi,

What a fantastic journey you have had!  Thanks for sharing such an amazing experience and we are very proud of you and your new smoke free life!

Good for you for being active and tackling one issue at a time!  Never mind the picture of the dog, show us how good you look and know that we are very proud of you

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jodi!!!!

How great to see you!! I'm really glad to see that another Octobreather hung in there....Congratulations on your anniversary...

Would you do me the honor of picking our weekend quit train destination?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/28/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 354
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,160
Amount Saved: $2,230.20
Life Gained:
Days: 63 Hrs: 14 Mins: 0 Seconds: 31

15 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, one year already! I finally quit the nasty habit on Oct. 15, 2007. I was taking Chantix. During "hell week" I was on the computer searching for support when I came across this web site. I worked the program here and read the forums every day. What a huge help it was! Several of us October quitters formed a group and called ourselves "Octobreathers". I see that Goofy is still around offering support and encouragement. What an awesome guy he is!

I am a 42 year old wife and mother of three girls. I started smoking when I was a teenager. I hated how cigs were controlling my life. I was embarrassed to be a smoker. I did not want people to see me smoking. Whenever I was at a school activity, or anywhere, I would always be thinking about when and where I would be able to have a smoke. It was like a ball and chain. Now I can go on an all day field trip with my kids and never think about smoking at all! I am free!!

Quitting was certainly not easy, but it was very doable and very, very worth it. I wish I had done it a long time ago. I never thought I was strong enough to quit, so I never really tried. This web site and Chantix helped tremendously! Some of the things I would do when I was having major cravings is I would log on to SSC, read, eat (a lot), drink water, do deep breathing exercises, take a nap, go to bed early (I slept a lot), review my list of reasons to quit or call a friend. I rewarded myself on the 15th of every month with a fresh bouquet of seasonal flowers!

I didn't worry about weight at first. I knew that it was more important to have my quit under control. After about 3 months and a 15 pound gain, I started focusing on my weight. I joined a gym and started counting calories. After all, if I quit smoking I could do anything, right?! Within 4 months I lost 20 pounds. I am 5'7" and weigh 130 lbs. I work out 5 days a week either at the gym or at home and I love it! Kick boxing is my new passion and I enjoy weightlifting!

I am healthier and in the best shape of my life! Why didn't I do this sooner?! At least I did do it while my kids are still at home and before I developed lung disease or something horrible like that.

I hope that my quit story will help and inspire someone else. Please do not say that you will TRY to quit. Instead say that you WILL quit, and then just do it! Believe me, you will be much happier and healthier. You are worth it!

Thank you so much SSC, members and moderators for being here!!!

Jodi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/15/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 366
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,320
Amount Saved: $1,830.00
Life Gained:
Days: 35 Hrs: 17 Mins: 21 Seconds: 2

Reading this thread: